8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » king kong(2005)blu ray.200mins.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: king kong(2005)blu ray.200mins.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 11:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello fellow members.Heres a couple of points i would like to draw your attention to on this release.We all know the story of Ann Darrow and the giant ape.Its been filmed three times with Fay Wray being in the ultimate monster movie.The less said about 1976 one the better.Iwould like to draw your attention to this one.Lovingly remade by Peter Jackson back in 2005;this is how it should be done if you ever remake a classic from holywoods golden age.You may have noticed that it says 200 minutes,well thats because the blu ray contains the directors cut and the theatre cut.The transfer is REAL hi def.with brillant colours and monstrous sound.Universal have also included a ucontrol and audio commentryfrom the producers.I know theres some of you out there saying things like the 1933 version rules;its too long etc;but take my word for it its a cracker of a disc,and works better as a directors cut.If theres anyone out there not sure about blu ray picture and sound,then this title is the one to get
A film buffs dream.Andy.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 03, 2009 02:02 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great Andy, even the ordinary DVD is superb quality wise, and projects wonderfully at 8 feet wide.
The temptations are rising !!!
Best Mark.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2009 01:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever blu ray you decide to get Mark;make sure this is you first purchase.You will be blown away.Andy.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2009 01:54 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Andy

The BD is fantastic value and can be picked up for under a tenner @ amazon UK at present-so what more incentive do you need!!

The standard HD dvd is even cheaper @ £2.99 from HMV!!

Cheers MW

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC