8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Audio CD duplication, packaging, etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Audio CD duplication, packaging, etc
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 31, 2009 01:09 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Does anyone know a good firm for this kind of work?

-Mike

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2009 03:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
APR Media in Somerset. aprmedia.com if I remember correctly. They produce all my DVD's for which they use Sony Labs in Austria. Duplication is less sophisticated and will probably do that in-house.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 07:06 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you John. I'll take a look.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2009 10:09 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, I may be able to help if it's small to medium-scale. Contact me at swreid{AT}lineone{DOT}net

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 01:06 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stuart,

I've managed to find a firm just a couple miles from me here. Thanks for the offer of help.

-Mike

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 01, 2009 10:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of those rare things about modern technology that I do truly appreciate ...

In the old days, (when I used to rock out in the studio's), we used Adat tape and made my masters on DAT tape. Back then, I had to go to professional studio's like "Discmakers" to get my CD pressings ...

But low and behold! In this day and age, I can make nearly the same level of audio, (more than passable) on my own home PC, whether it is regualr audio CD's MP3's or otherwise.

The only thing that isn't quite as good from home is the actual packaging for CD's, but even that is playing a good game of catch up!

But hey ... I would much rather be back in the days of vynl, (yeah, I know I mis-spelled that)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC