8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » More 3D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More 3D
Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 11:52 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been playing around with the "Poor Man's Steadycam" and have uploaded a clip on Youtube. In 3D naturally enough....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTTnnbLB3FQ

Best wishes,

Tiv

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 11:58 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another fantastic video, Paul [Smile]

Thanks

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 09:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, this may be asking a lot, but could you possibly burn a video CD of your 3D experiments? I'd be happy to pay for a copy, (at least the shipping to the good ole USA), as I'd love to try this out on my 200ft projection TV.

By the way, I certainly could tell that not all 3D glasses are alike. The ones with the lighter blue tint look terrible, but I have a pair with darker red and blue lenses, and while it cuts down on the light, the 3D really pops out.

Great Steadicam work.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 06, 2009 03:43 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, this is great. One of your most effective clips as far as 3D is concerned. I have an old pair of dark-red/blueish-green glasses that work really well, but I guess that it all comes down to the calibration of your computer display.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 07, 2009 12:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

That is very impressive. I found it best to play full screen and move back away from the monitor.

Another question as its really bugged me since watching the video id what is that music called?

Osi's comments are important. For this to work really well we should, I would think, have the same colour filters as the ones you used on the camera. I think the clip at the BFCC you have on you tube is also very good.

Well done, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 07, 2009 12:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Nice shots, good steady moves.

Kev,

Paul used Vince Guaraldi's "Cast Your Fate to the Wind".

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2009 06:54 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Re. your 200ft projection TV... you must have an enormous lounge! [Wink]

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2009 08:58 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your comments chaps. I do value them, especially as I'm not a professional and I know some of you are. Doug's right about the music. The version I used was by Sounds Orchestral and it's on the More Music To Watch Girls By compilation CD. Kev,I don't have any filters on the cameras; I'm shooting two full colour left and right views.

For YouTube and the BFCC I convert to anaglyph with the Stereo Movie Maker program and use red/cyan. The other options are red/blue, red/green (for black and white) and the less common yellow/blue.

For home viewing I use a different system with LCD shutterglasses and the DepthQ stereoscopic projector. Osi, As those clips on YouTube were edited specifically for that site, I'm afraid there is no higher quality anaglyph version to put on a disc wthout going back and redoing everything.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2009 06:44 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most enjoyable, Paul, being very steady and quite scenic! Thank you for posting.

Too bad YouTube didn't give your video an HQ option for a little better clarity.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 12, 2009 09:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rick ...

I really don't. I own a Sharpvision projection TV from 1998, (almost a grandpa to todays modern projection units, but it still has an amazing picture, especially with a laserdisc projected). Like many projection units, mine goes from approx. 50ft. to 200ft.

I wish I could put up a proper screen, but I made one with two ten foot wood dowels, two hooks, a bunch of good thumbtacks and the best, shiniest (bright) silk sheet. The whole cost came to 32.00 dollars.

I simply roll it down when I wish to project. Though a flat screen built into the wall would be great, I don't have THAT kind of money, but with 8 rocking speakers, (2 in every corner), Dolby Surround sound and a good amplifier and stereo projector, I can probably come close to the best of set-ups!

Back to the 3D! I was in earnest about desiring a video copy of that on CD! PLEASE?!

By the way, all you fine lads and lasses, which form of #D do you find to have the best depth with the least "3D dis-comfort" or .. distortion?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC