8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Rose!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Rose!!!!
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2009 02:13 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. You would think, just a few seconds over the credits would have finished the digest nicely. Come to think of it, I think the digest ends JUST BEFORE Midler falls to her death. I'll have to watch it again to verify this, but I'm pretty sure. Its like, the editors did a decent job through most of the digest. But then, they get rushed on the finish.

Steve and David-
Another example of a "most memorable" scene being left out of a digest- when I bought the 400 foot digest of "Love at First Bite", I was just sure that the disco scene, and the song "I love the nightlife....I love to boogie...." would be there. But, to my surprise and dissapointment, was no where to be found in the digest [Frown] .

Oh well, I guess that was the real thrill of buying the digests back then- the thrill of seeing if your favorite parts had been saved or scrapped!

James.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 15, 2009 05:54 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She falls to her death.........

There goes that suprise ending. And I thought any film based on Janis Joplin's life would have a happy ending.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2009 07:27 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first got the Star Wars 400ft, I loved it, but thought there were so many good parts missing. Then I discovered there was a part two coming; it had everything I had missed from the first part!

Still its better to have a digest than not. I have always thought that The Nutty Professor, What's Up Doc and American Graffiti were the great never made digests for me.

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2009 07:30 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, now I get it. I was reading too fast and didn't see the topic switch. I couldn't for the life of me remember the scene in "The Rose" with Ethel Merman. That would have been hilarious, now that I think of it. Picture it: Rose gets busted for drugs and ends up in jail. Merman comes in and slips on a banana peel...

To throw my two cents in, I remember how awful the condensation of "Rocky Horror Picture Show" was, with just snippets of the songs and horrible editing. This was when it was red-hot as a midnight show in the States so maybe Ken rushed it out.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 03:20 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just listed:
http://cgi.ebay.com/8mm-Film-The-Rose-Color_W0QQitemZ180384511894QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Film?hash=item29ffc13796&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7 C294%3A50

with pic of actual film.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC