8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Anyone know who Ebays dwg1000 is (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Anyone know who Ebays dwg1000 is
Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2009 04:25 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
David Guest has tried to join the forum but so far he has been unsuccessful. He wishes to tell us his side of the story and has asked me to post his message. I am therefore posting this message as I received it on his behalf.

hi paul thanks for posting this on the forum i applied to join over a week ago got an email saying it would get an answer within 48 hours but never did its been over a week now so they can forget it .this is my story as follows kev emailed me re murder she said saying he had stuff on ebay if it sold he would place abid he never did so i guess his stuff did not sell ,i guess he was well peeved when he saw it agian at a higher price so he stared emailing me asking loads of questions about film which if he read it there was no nead to ask any .i describe films fully .if its got sprocket damage i say so if it splicey i say so if its badly scatched i say so if its warped i would say so also i put on my tel number i had 2 forum members email\me and ask whats colour like any fade kev stated amount of films he sells how does he get time to check them i have 5 people who cant afford to buy films so they screen them for me and give me a very detailed description so that answers your question re sigal re film had a film on ebay asked me to withdraw as he had been after this title for years so he made a offer and i did but never withdrawn any more .i did send film and sent proof of postage then all of a sudden it could be a cocked up one .any one can see this i will disply in a glass case at next film fair i go to ..re postage when you pay using paypal it takes 3 to 5 days to go into my bank also when you send a film its only insured for £30.00 so if you dont enhance the insurance thats all you get .and if i send a film costing £100 and insurance is not enahnced you make a claim to paypal and get your £100 back and i make a claim and get £30.00 .so who ever buys my films if film is more than £30.00 and they dont enhance i will not send film till they do so i give good value when i sell films i have just bought anouther 200 features which all will be checked by my merry men making a total of over !000 features also just inherited my dads collection of over 300 who passed away aged 84 who had been colecting films over 60 years how many of you used elf machines i have been suppling motor and arm belts to derans ,paul foster films and classic home cinema for over 7 years also sell the elc lamps at £7.99 each the cheapest on the market as any were else would be anything from a tenner to £15.00 so i think i play a good part in the film world going giving good value and good prints .if kev was buying film collections going of how many questions it would take 6 months to do a deal i view and pay in full for a film collection within 1 hour .kev could have rang me but maybee he had to sell something on ebay before he could buy a phone card . i hope that this is now the end of the saga and i will not be asking paul agian to post on the forum i thank paul for posting this for me keep a eye on ebay next weks or so heres a few titles holiday camp jack warner ghost train arther askey oh mr porter will hay .keep\ on collecting 16mm films a great hobby if you have the money wish you all the best . just one thing paul sorry for calling you a winger but had alot on my mind re dad as i token of thanks any feature you buy of me i will give you free postage and film will be fully insured as a good will gesture thanks

I think it is only fair that he should have the right to reply to the comments we have posted about him and that anyone who may wish to bid on any of his films which he may post on ebay can now see both sides of the story. As I posted earlier I am very happy with the feature I bought from him as well the others that I had purchased some years earlier, and I do understand his insistance on buyers obtaining the additional insurance so that he can be fully compensated for any lost films
rather than just the £30 the Royal Mail give on standard postage.

Best wishes,
Paul.

|  IP: Logged

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That posting is pretty incoherent, but to reiterate my position

1) I paid for the film (I believe more than 3 times his opening bid) and paid for AIR MAIL shipping with INSURANCE. The amount he asked for for shipping was in the correct range for Airmail with insurance based on what Derann, Perry's and other UK dealers have charged me.
2) He took well over a month before he even claimed to ship it
3) When he finally did claim to have shipped it, he told me that because shipping was going to cost more than he thought he had decided (on his own) to ship it surface mail without insurance.
4) The film never arrived.
5) He continually ignored my emails and did NOTHING to try to track down the print or give me a refund. His delay tactics made it too late for me to file a complaint with my credit card.

So he's got $750, and I've got NOTHING.

He finally sent me a receipt for a package which he sent to the US. Maybe it was mine, maybe it wasn't. But in any case, if a dealer decides to send something uninsured without checking with the buyer, then it's the dealer's responsibility - plain and simple. At very least, he should have offered to refund 1/2 of my money - especially when I was paying him more than 3 times his original asking price -- that way he still would have made 1.5 times his asking price. (Although an completely honorable seller would have refunded 100% of the price since it was clearly his choice to (purportedly) send it surface w/o insurance).

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2009 02:01 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I disagree with his RIGHT to be heard on this forum... which he is NOT a member, and I'm pretty glad he is not, and hopefully will never be allowed.

What happened to Steven is more than enough information to make me steer clear of this Bozo. I'm sure an attorney could make Mr. Guest see the light.

BTW, was that written in English? It made my brain hurt in trying to figure out what he was trying to say, where a sentence ended... and looks like he's created some new abbreviations for some words.. [Confused]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 07, 2009 06:42 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the same listing again?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16mm-sound-feature-film-B-W-MURDER-SHE-SAID-1961_W0QQitemZ140344468630QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL?hash=item20ad2ea496&_trksid=p3286.c0.m 14

If so, it doesn't appear to make sense to relist at an even higher price when it attracted no interest at two previous lower prices.

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2009 10:48 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,as far as exposing bad ebay dealers,I'm all for that.It would be easy to set up a bad guy thread.We don't have to list the real name of the person,just their ebay handle.Pre PC days,this was done all the time in collector publications,and it was a great idea.If a person wants to dispute his bad guy status,let him and we can decide.By not listing these guys,we only hurt ourselves.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2009 05:17 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

I agree. Ebay handle-name/situation.

Bill

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 09, 2009 07:05 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I dont know if you are a personal friend of this guy but I would like to put a few points straight.

My first contact with this guy was to just ask why the price hike between the first auction and the relisted auction. I missed the end of the first auction so was pleased to see it not sell and be relisted. He told me to bid on it in the next 48Hrs and he would do free shipping? So is this why the price was hiked as ebay had a go about his high shipping costs. When I didnt put a bid on in that first 48Hrs he started to get nasty. I can bid or not bid on an item whenever I wish but to be quite honest I still had no answer to my questions (see below) so was not going to bid until they were forthcoming....I dont think thats unreasonable! If anyone asks questions it doesnt mean they HAVE to bid.

At no point did I ever say to this guy that I was waiting for items to sell before bidding. That is something he has fabricated of his own accord. I also asked for a better description of the general condition and also asked if it was a dupe. I never got a reply to my questions. Please also bare in mind that all his descriptions are 2 or 3 liners and they give no details as far as I'm concerned as they are exactly the same on all his listings except he changes the number of splices listed. Where did he get this story about me watching all the films I sell as I certainly didnt have any discussion with him about any of my film selling activities.

To be quite honest with you this guy has completely fabricated the story in his post. I have kept all the correspondence that went between me and this guy via the ebay ask a question system so I can prove (if need be) that his story above is very far from the truth.

One last point is that he has not been stopped from joining this forum so I dont know why he couldnt join the forum. Its also quite clear that I am NOT the only one to have had problems. This guy could do with learning how to treat prospective buyers with a little respect and just answer the questions asked without being so rude. Why as a buyer should I have to pick up a telephone to ask him questions when he could give a proper detailed description on his auction like other sellers do. And to suggest that I will have to sell some film to buy a phone card [Mad]
Anyway the system is inplace on ebay for asking questions!

I am not going over all the iffs and buts again as its pointless but at the end of the day its up to other people to make up their own minds to decide if they want to deal with him or not lets face it Paul, even you had a gripe to start with!

As for "From one collector to another" what a Joke... he's a dealer and an extremely bad one at that.

Kevin. [Mad]

[ September 09, 2009, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 09, 2009 10:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, Your right it doesnt make any sense any of this. Fisrt £99 then £110 and now relisted at £125....very strange man indeed. [Embarrassed] Would anybody else on here buy it with out asking questions after reading that detailed description or am I the mad one?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev,
I have no connection whatsoever with dwg1000 other than having bought items from him on ebay. My last transaction took longer than was usual and because I had a problem with the non delivery of a film in the past, for which I had received a full refund, I expected to have to go through the whole rigmarole again. However the transaction turned out ok and David reminded me that we had traded some years ago and all had been ok. He asked me to mention this on the forum and asked me if I would allow him to reply to the comments that had been made. I felt guilty about the comments that I had made about him after my ebay transaction had turned out ok and I had learned about his bereavement, which may well have been the reason for the delay, so I felt that it could do no harm to let him tell his side of the story. I therefore copied and pasted his comments as I received them for everyone to read and to decide for themselves if they wished to deal with him. Obviously I do not condone what happened to Steven Sigel and my only advice to anyone who wishes to buy his films and pay the postage he charges is to buy through ebay and use PayPal for full buyer protection. As to why "Murder She Said" is now listed at a higher price than before when it didn't get a single bid is a mystery that only Jane Marple could solve.( Or maybe Hercules Parrot). [Big Grin]

Paul.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 09, 2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I take it the ban on you bidding has now been lifted [Smile]

My last contact with Mr Guest asked if I was going to be at the BFCC in October as he wanted to meet me. I think we can work out what that meant. I replied that I would like to meet him too and that there were a few others who no doubt would join me. He replied that unfortunately he would now be unable to make it as his lift to Ealing had let him down....says it all. What a character [Big Grin]

I will give it a couple of days for any other comments or incase Mr Guest wants to add another reply and then close the topic.

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC