8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » DVD Credit Crunch Buster

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DVD Credit Crunch Buster
Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 10:48 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If like me your spending power has been greatly reduced due to the recession, [Frown] then here is one way to keep buying those DVD’s. Here in the UK eBay is full of promotional or promo DVD’s posted free! From as little as 50p, most sell for a £1 and there are some great titles including many classics. I’m into early British WW11 propaganda films at the moment and it has been a great resource. So far films like The Way Ahead, In which we Serve, The Lion Has Wings, Went The Day Well, to name a very few have been showing in my baby cinema thanks to the promo. There are also others like Ealing’s classic, Kind Hearts & Coronets, The Lady Killers, The Lavender Hill Mob and Man in a White Suit and more. Of course there are many Hollywood classics as well i just haven’t got to them yet. [Wink] I have just mentioned the ones I have been buying. I have even sold DVD’s and re-bought the promo. To me the DVD case is not important and the slip case is space saving. There is a lot of TV crap etc, interspersed throughout the listings, but with over six thousand listed a fine sieve will bring out some excellent films. Unfortunately I think this may be only a UK Phenomena, [Frown] unless you know different. [Smile]

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC