8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Apology and help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apology and help.
Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges
Junior

- posted August 30, 2009 12:49 AM      Profile for Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges   Email Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi. I am new to the forum. First wanted to thank you for letting me participate in it. Second I need help with two projectors I want to buy soon. One of them is a Gioca Royal Sound and the other according to the brief description is a German projector. The seller does not give more details. I wonder if anyone knows these specimens and where can i found the propers manuals.
Attach the links:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-11254530-antiguo-proyector-8mm-aleman-y-caja-con-peliculas-_JM

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-11277095-proyector-8-mm-c4-peliculas-de-regalo-_JM

I apologize if I'm violating some rule about the new topics on the forum.
Thanks

Sofia

--------------------
S.

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 01:55 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum, Sofia.

The ROYAL SOUND in one of the worst projector ever made. Try to focus your attention on a different machine. There are a lot sold at very low and good price.
Ebay Germany is a good suggestion.

All the best.

GIAN

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 30, 2009 01:55 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sofia
First welcome to the forum and hope you will enjoy it here, everyone is real easy to get on with. I had a look at those links one is an editor not a projector looks a bit rough though, the other the Royal Super8 projector I dont no much about but hopefully someone here can be of help, have you had much to do with film and projectors? The reason I ask is that there is a lot of junk out there you have to be carefull to avoid especially if you are just starting out.

Graham.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 06:36 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sofia,
please avoid buying the Royal Projector at all costs. It is little more than a toy, is very noisy and is very cheaply made. It will almost certainly damage your precious movies. If you are looking for a nice budget priced Super 8 sound projector look out for a Chinon which frequently turn up on Ebay. Try to get one that uses the 12volt 100watt(EFP A1 231) lamp as these are easier to find and less expensive. Another good buy would be an Agfa Sonector. Again these turn up quite regularly, use the 100watt lamp and are a good starter machine. Obviously there are better and more expensive projectors but if you are just starting out I think that these represent good value for money and will not harm your films.

Best wishes,
Paul.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 11:05 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I support the above views on the GIOCA ROYAL. When I was a teenager this was my first sound projector. It has a design fault where it will scratch films! Avoid at all costs. EUMIG or ELMO are the preferred brands of most cine people. After breaking my heart( and it was purchased new ) my father found a secondhand Eumig and I have never looked back.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 12:19 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or Sankyo, often overlooked but great performers both optically and soundwise and very unlikely to put a scratch on your film. [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 01:58 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And lets not forget the ever reliable range of Eumig projectors out there.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers Mark [Smile]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 02:07 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

Agree with Mike, Sankyo purrs like a kitten

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2009 02:09 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Milman! How nice to hear from you!! Where have you been these past months? [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Junior

- posted August 30, 2009 05:51 PM      Profile for Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges   Email Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T H A N K S!!! I new that joining this forum would be really helpful. Thanks again. I will reject the gioca. The reason why I am looking for a projector is that last month i found several 8mm movies (with original boxes) in my neighbor trash (please do not think i am a bag lady). Some of them are from Disney and the other from Castle, i am so happy!!! It is my childhood on 8mm and i want it to share with my son.
So, again THANKS!!!
Kind regards,

Sofia

P.S: I will be posting more doubts please be patient.

--------------------
S.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 30, 2009 10:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sofia, it seems to me that you are new with 8mm films. Please be considered that there are 2 kind of 8mm film, i.e Super 8mm and Standard (regular) 8mm.

They are not compatible one to the other, unless you are buying a dual format machine (which is not common).

Please re-check what sort of films you got. Or if you are not sure, post a photo in this forum and we can identify them.

regards

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 31, 2009 11:56 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? A woman on this Forum? Most welcome, Sofia! See, I KNEW that there were lady film lovers out there! (besides my beloved wife!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2009 12:35 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good machines:

Eumig
Elmo
Fuji
Sankyo
Chinon
Norris
Yelco

These two are BAD, VERY BAD PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS! [Mad] These will certainly damage your films beyond repair! [Frown]

Cinerex
Hanimex

Enjoy, Best wishes, Kevin [Big Grin]

Junior

- posted August 31, 2009 10:41 PM      Profile for Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges   Email Sofia Josefina Anselmi Courreges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hola! First thanks for all your warm welcomes, makes me feel very comfortable.
Well, i kept looking for the proper projector my findings so far are one Chinon without the lamp which i am considering it (thanks Mr. Spinks) the problem is the lamp but i do not give up and the other a Canon S 400? what do you think?
Thanks!!
Sofia

P.S:Mr.Wardle i take note from your list.
AHHH! I notice that some of you are from UK, do you know how long i must wait for package from london to miami? because about 10 days ago I bought a dvd on ebay.co.uk and i ask it to send it some adress on miami- USA (the only way i can avoid ridiculous taxes) the seller shipped but i did not receive it yet. How long i must wait?.

Gracias

Sofia

--------------------
S.

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2009 03:08 PM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sofia y Bienvenida! [Smile]

If you haven´t alreday found what you´re looking for, I´m thinking of selling an Elmo ST1200HD, it´s a fine super8 projector and I won´t be asking a lot of money for it.

If interested, you can reach me at

la55e dot p at telia dot com

Saludos [Smile]
Lars

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC