8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » So who's going to Ealing then?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: So who's going to Ealing then??
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 07:01 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet again, I have decided to come in fancy dress. Look out for the big hotdog.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 11, 2009 07:24 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Lads, can't make it this time. Have fun.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2009 03:33 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be missed Jean-Marc.

Simon, I'll bring the mustard!

Mark, your help is always very much appreciated. My brother-in-law Tim will be present as well so we should make good time to get the wind in the sails... or rather, to get the screen up!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2009 05:50 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Will again strive to make the effort.

A "major" fly in the ointment is that I've just been offered a 16mm Ampro Major Mk3 AND a Mk4; both mint and complete in every respect with all accessories including speakers etc. - and all for the price of collection!!! - I'll post some photos on the Forum once I've got them set up. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

They HAVE to be collected on Saturday, so will endeavour to make an appearance at Ealing if at all possible, [Frown] but you know me.....the merest mention of the word Ampro, and I go weak at the knees!!! [Embarrassed]

With all the usual best regards to everyone, particularly John and Keith - you guys have my gratitude - even by proxy - if I can't make it in time.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 13, 2009 03:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are all the usual dealers going to be there?

Mikael Barnard
Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Mikael Barnard   Email Mikael Barnard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I spoke to Umit earlier this evening and he said whilst he may show up to buy some stuff (if he can make it at all) he won't be there as a dealer this time. So that's one down. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other regulars though!

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2009 07:26 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In just 48 hours I will be boarding the plane to London. I can't wait! I have been needing a London fix for about a decade now... and I can't wait to look for super 8 films wherever I can!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2009 03:08 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've warned Keith you're coming Brian. Make sure you come to see us as soon as you're there.

Mikael, Umit haven't had a table of their own for a number of years now. Other than that the dealer hall is going to be rather jam packed this time. Should be a corker for a modern film collecting event.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2009 03:37 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
will the bring&buy stall be there?

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 14, 2009 12:37 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great trip Brian! You will find great friendship and hospitality at Ealing and a superb film convention , just be sure to take plenty of pics and post them here. The day will go very fast, and there is so much to see, so try to be there when the doors open.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2009 04:10 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The programme is already up at the BFCC Website. Excellent.

BFCC Programme

Graham S

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 14, 2009 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think on me when you go through the shorts

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2009 03:20 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the bring and buy will still be there. Downstairs section of the restaurant somewhere this time fighting for space with the rest of the dealers.

Remember to use the back stairs to get up and down to the cinema. And drinkies in the projection area at lunchtime. I'd really like as many as possible to say 'hello' to the chaps from Italy, the chaps from Greece and Brian from New York. Who have I forgotten from overseas?

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 03:45 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH DEEP JOY!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I have managed to arrange to pick up the Ampros on Sunday - so I'll be at Ealing bright and early after all!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 04:38 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Consider yourself on 'screen duty' David. See you and everyone else tomorrow.

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 04:47 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,

Message received and understood!

BTW, will you require any speaker cable? I have a couple of reels if that helps, but no spare connectors.

--------------------
Dave.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 16, 2009 06:24 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I have got to dip out of this one as a family commitment has arisen.

I will hope to see a full report of the days proceedings on here from some of the members attending.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 07:10 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

Sorry you won't be there. How's your Mum these days? Please give her my best.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 16, 2009 07:53 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
She is doing quite well thanks David. I will pass on your best wishes.

Thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 16, 2009 08:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be possible forum members attending the event to give a live coverage, especially for stealing price items... [Big Grin]

eg. Message topic "Hey folks 3x400" Once Upon Time for £ 10!?"

or post a picture of a crate containing: "Hey folks they are £ 2 ea for 400" digest"

[Razz]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 11:08 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we do that, Winbert, it'll make you turn green with envy.

Best kept quiet, I reckon! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 16, 2009 11:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, the super 8mm brotherhood will show the way, if then we can reply..."Could you get that for me, I'll send a payment via paypal later on"..

I wish..I wish... [Big Grin]

regrds

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 11:39 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for you Winbert I will give you live picture updates, but I will not be taking much money so you will have to come over to pick up the films yourself [Big Grin]

Graham S

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2009 02:55 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David but we don't need any speaker cable... assuming Mr. Wilton hasn't lost it all of course.

See you all in the morning. Quite possibly only one more after this so anyone dithering, get on your bike!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC