8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Possibly Rare Edgar Kennedy Comedy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possibly Rare Edgar Kennedy Comedy?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 05, 2009 02:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those that are fans of Edgar Kennedy, I may have found what might be a potentially rare comedy.

Actually it might not be as much of a comedy. It appears to be an educational film made by the Jam Handy education film company.
They also handled a lot of advertising animated films done by them.

This film is entitled, "The Other Fellow", from 1937. It is a driving safety film and it stars Edgar Kennedy.

additional info ...

I just finished downloading it. Very good print. Edgar Kennedy plays five different roles in this eight and a half minute short film. They're basically Edgar Kennedy in different costumes. We basically see five or six different short bits where far less than curteous drivers drive in most unsafe ways, with Edgar commenting on each of the scenes, ending up before the courts himself for bad driving.

It can be downloaded off of the "Internet Archive database" for free. If possible, download the Mpeg 2 download of it, as it is very high quality, nearly DVD quality (at least, in the case of the previously mentioned advertising films), and they're films are from, in most case, the best surviving 35MM prints.

This film is specifically in the "Prelinger Collection" on the above mentioned site. Enjoy!

[ October 05, 2009, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 06, 2009 07:57 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not rare to speak of, there's a 16mm print constantly available on their site - If this is in Super 8, I'm of a mind - Naturally - Osi, there is a great film collector's show in NJ for December, please try

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 06, 2009 08:19 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would love to be there, Joe .... but the money, she is not flowing too well right now.

But boy, a Film convention about in the middle of the country, that might be do-able! (our wreck of a van just might make it!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC