8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Super 8 Film Night

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Film Night
Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2009 04:34 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any of you guys over the pond attending this little gathering tonight? sounds like fun. Wonder if the organiser is a forum member.

Super 8 Film Night

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 06, 2009 11:34 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig, by reading his blog wording, I believe he is not a member of this forum nor any film forum. He just loves super 8mm like us.

See that he say "Ektachrome" for faded prints and "Kodachrome" for good color prints.

He doesn't say Eastman vs AGFA/Kodak LPP for that, the common terminology that is used in many forums.

He says "Alien" (1979) as the latest print for Super 8, so not knowing that "Raiders" was printed in 1981 as a mass production, and later by Derann and CHC (although limited numbers) until today.

He knows internet (because he bought many films from Ebay) but didn't join with any forum (I think)

So he must be invited here and to see some other "Crazy" movie buffs :-)

--------------------
Winbert

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2009 12:13 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 06, 2009 01:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and actually, super 8 production did extendf beyond that, as we all know. The "Digest Era" did all but end with "Raiders", but I think were being too narrow, as we basically take into account the USA and U.K. (and possibly Germany). A lot of foreign countries extended they're digests for a few years.

I'm sure that there are some that could verify on that.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2009 08:16 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert

I was going to leave a comment on his page about the forum but you beat me to it. Good chap!!

This is something we can all do at home! get a few mates round and screen a few digests. once the Jack Daniels kicks in...life is sweet [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC