8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Is there internet problem in Canada? (Mon, Oct 12, 11 AM)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there internet problem in Canada? (Mon, Oct 12, 11 AM)
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 12, 2009 10:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I can open this 8mm forum easily, I cannot go to any website. Not even google, yahoo or cnn.com...!

Do you know if there is a problem with the internet backbone?

and why is it only this forum can get the connection? strange!!

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2009 02:56 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Winbert
Internet working fine here.
Terry

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 12, 2009 04:25 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Terry, apparently Rogers is fine. While I am with Bell.

I called Bell and they explained all numbers start with 416 got the problem.

I asked why I could open one website (this forum) but not most of others. They explained very technical matters which I didn't get it. Anyone can explain why internet can have things like this?

The funniest thing during our conversation was Bell suggested me to find the update of the problem through their website www.bell.ca.... which I couldn't open too....! so what is the point [Big Grin]

ps: I finally found the emergency solution through proxy server www.btunnel.com which this site can be opened. This website has a box to which we can write the URL is going to be visited.

pss: if you face this kind of problem, the proxy servers are placed any where in the world. Start trying from www.atunnel.com, www.btunnel.com, etc..etc until www.ztunnel.com

regards

--------------------
Winbert

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2009 11:34 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I used to be with Bell. It got to the point where my internet was down 50% of the time, don't know how many hours I spent on the phone with their "technicians". So far Rogers has been pretty good.
Terry

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC