8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » About me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About me!
Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 02:15 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I thought I'd start my career on this forum by telling you a little about myself.

My name is Christian, I'm 19 years old from Norway, and I've been interested in analog media since I was a kid. When i was 16 I bought my first record player, and I've collected records since, now having a collection of more than 300 records and 150 singles. It was not until three months ago however, that I finally achieved my lifelong dream of purchasing an 8 mm projector, after reading and learning about them for a few months. Since then, I've spent my time testing the equipment, aswell as buying a few reels.

I'm currently using a Eumig S-710D Projector.

So, hi, looking forward to making your aquiantance, and to do some trades and purchases, aswell as sharing some thoughts and views on the art of 8 mm film [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 02:24 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Christian, and welcome aboard. You'll find a lot of info and a lot of good people with similar interests here (several of us also still have our LPs and tapes [Big Grin] )

The film hobby is rather addictive, but in a good way. I look forward to your participation here.

Best,
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 17, 2009 02:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Dude!

All the best! Film IS quite addictive but loads of fun, especially during these LONG cold months coming!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 08:18 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Christian!
This forum is the best place on the planet to fins out about all things cine!
All the best
Patrick [Wink]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2009 08:32 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes welcome and it is always exciting to see someone of your age joining the ranks, and carrying the torch, etc, etc....

I hope you have a lot of fun in this hobby and I envy you (being 19 and having a lifetime ahead of you in the hobby) but it is again one of those scary times where the hobby is taking on a more "retro" feel....Then again that is what happened to vinyl records,they faded for a number of years and were thought to be dead when all of a sudden they are manufacturing more new vinyl nowadays then ever, and here in Los Angeles they just opened a brand new "records" only store when CD sales are plummeting, so a few more youngters like yourself and we'll have a new Blackhawk start up.......I know Pearl Jam just shot a new music video entirely on Super 8 (I was talking to the lady who owns Pro8 in Burbank today at Home Movie Day)so people are still using this stuff creatively...Film Lives! !! [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 17, 2009 09:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
......I know Pearl Jam just shot a new music video entirely on Super 8
Dino,... and Pear Jam too was the group who released their album in vinyl only before the CD version was released later on. (If I am not mistaken it was "Vitalogy").

So it encouraged their fans to buy vinyls. [Wink]

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 18, 2009 07:51 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and Cheers from the 'other side' [Smile] What do you collect? I'm mainstrean short subjects in original boxes as many will tell you here - Stay in touch, Shorty

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2009 09:37 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! I started in Super 8 when I was about your age and have just returned after a 20 year break. I don't know why I ever left!

Hope you enjoy your time here!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2009 10:07 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shorty!

I really havent decided what to collect yet. So far I only have some reels that came with the projector, some Popeye shorts I got from a neighbour, and some random reels I've picked up on eBay.

I would love to collect features, but it's far too expensive for me. Once I get my projector sorted properly (see own thread) I might think more about it.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2009 10:14 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Benvenuto Christian. It's nice to 'meet' so many people from everywhere sharing the same passion, here. So rare nowadays.

I really do like this 'place'. It's like a second home. So plenty of possibilities to confront with other collectors, share ideas, knowledges.

There's always something to learn. Isn't it the secret of life???

Welcome abord, so. As Dino said, it is always exciting to see someone so young joining the ranks! I'm sure you will find 'your way' to collect. Just be patient. When you don't find what you look for, it finds you out!

Cheers from Italy [Big Grin] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2009 03:05 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and welcome

Happy days

--------------------
Tony

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 18, 2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Christian,

Welcome. I too collect LPs and 78 rpms records. That Eumig is fine projector. I have a Eumig 712 and she purrrrs like a kitten.

Jon Anders Klausen
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2009 06:57 AM      Profile for Jon Anders Klausen   Email Jon Anders Klausen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Velkommen [Smile]

--------------------
My site: iSuper8

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC