8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Doing an Upcoming Silent Film Screening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doing an Upcoming Silent Film Screening
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 04:15 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was doing another one of my ongoing "Dino's Drive-In" screenings at the Echo Park Film Center on November 19, 2009 and wasn't sure where to post, but here is the flyer for it. any questions for locals please feel free to ask...Plus I might add that I have worked very hard building a LARGE Reg 8/Super 8 collection at the film center that is available for rent for a couple of bucks just like a dvd at a video store. Everything from silents shorts and MANY silent features to sound classics like Godfather/His Girl Friday/Saturday Night Fever, and many more...There are hundreds to choose from and sadly they are not being utilized. If you live in the Los Angeles area please stop by, become a member and rent some films....Be sure to tell Paolo, Lisa or Alex that Dino sent you : ) This is one of the few places left in the country that actively support Super 8 filmmaking and teach FREE classes to kids on making films of Super 8...

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 05:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow [Eek!] !

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 08:33 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,

Excellent work. I wish I lived nearby; I would definitely be complementing my Netflix with some real film! [Smile]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 09:17 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,

Keep up the good work! That's awesome.

If I lived nearby I would be a steady customer.

Best of luck.

Bill

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2009 11:02 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm going to come check it out! Love the silents and the documentary extras sound really intriguing.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC