8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Choosing a Video Projector (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Choosing a Video Projector
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 08:10 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Damien, that was the point I was making...first to ensure that the range of adjustment was enough for the envisaged usage and then to ensure that a user would be fully capable of making the adjustments (which are quite complex and need to follow strict sequences) when it is in the position of use. AND to be able to readjust for a totally different set of circumstances if it were required to use it somewhere else. The adjustments in question are not only mechanical but also electronic in nature.
Martin.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 03:09 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Set up was very easy on the Panasonic AE2000E LCD. Out of the box it was amazing, all it really NEEDED was a couple of notches down on the colour. Great and very film-like. Later I tweaked a bit more with the colour temperature and made a preset for black and white with the colour right down. But really, it was SO good just turned on.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 20, 2009 05:35 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`ve just been offered a very nice Philips XGA LCD machine from a good chap and a new bulb fitted as well £125 + post a super starter machine if anyone in the UK is interested. Decent zoom etc.Cracking 2.3 million pixels you won`t see etc.

I think the bulb would cost at least that usually.

I`d have bought it myself as back up if not skint.

Drop me a line if interested.

Best Mark.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 10:08 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, the Panasonic AX200U needed NO adjustments out of the box! I ran it through Digital Video Essentials and it passed every test with flying colors! It's one incredible machine.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 08:29 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note here to say the new NORTH BY NORTHWEST Blu-ray is STAGGERING in terms of picture quality: natural colour and incredible definition with the very finest grain and very 'filmy' looking on my equipment and settings. The sound is a little thin and harsh as it was only optical but clean for dialogue. A great film that hasn't dated and you really get to see how well Hitch used the VistaVision frame especially in the 'crop duster' scenes, making Cary Grant a tiny figure in a huge landscape. My mini-review...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC