8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Christmas in NZ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas in NZ
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 25, 2009 09:12 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took a couple of photos today I hope you dont mind, its a bit of a look as to where we live and for those living in England they might find of interest that there is even a "Brighton Pier" out here. Its strange that we celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer and for many people it will soon be time to go on holiday as schools will soon be out until February which is the opposite of how things are in the Northern hemisphere.
 -
Brighton beach taken from the pier
 -
not quiet as fancy as the one in England but you can fish at the end of it.
 -
 -
The pier itself before it got built there was the question of "why" but it went ahead and has proved to be popular so every year the city council use it for the 5th Nov fireworks display its a big thing here. Is that celebrated in the US?

Well so much for the wee tour, hope you dont mind wherever you live have a safe and happy Christmas.

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 25, 2009 09:22 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a pier much like this one in San Diego, but with a small restaurant out at the end.

I'll always remember it because when a friend I was working with drove me there for lunch, it was the first time I ever saw the Pacific. I've been living here on the Atlantic Shore my entire life.

Merry Christmas, Graham

Stay Warm(?)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 26, 2009 09:18 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas season Graham - I think you and Trev live in paradise!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 03:42 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the US celebrate 'Guy Fawkes Night' - they've never attempted to blow up their own parliament. Can't understand why?!?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 27, 2009 08:35 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John thanks for pointing that out I really made a Boo..Boo on that one [Roll Eyes] .

Steve and Paul

Thanks for your comments I have not heard from Trevor for a while but I am sure he made it back safely, once again all the best everyone [Smile]

Graham.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 03:14 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was not very summer like here yesterday, it was bucketing down!, [Eek!]
The New Brighton pier is exactly 880ft long, the same exact length of the Titanic! [Big Grin]
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 04:56 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee whiz,Graham,it is FREEZING cold and bucketing down here! [Frown]
I thought you South Island fellows had icebergs off the shore? I reckon our weather is still rather mid-winterish. Next week we put the last F&P together-bit sad eh?Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 03:56 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat and Trevor.

You are living in the wrong place... [Wink]

Yvonne left home this morning at 4am for the wide blue yonder.. came back with those following shots.
 -
around 3.000ft
 -

Graham [Smile]

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 04:56 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh yep its a good day here today, but not so good for the movies as no one comes when it's a good day outside! [Frown]
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC