8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Gone With The Wind Blu Ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gone With The Wind Blu Ray
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 06:31 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody seen the GWTW blu ray yet?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Mitchell Dvoskin
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 09:36 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Front projected onto an 8 foot wide screen, it is one of the most stunning Blu-Ray's I have ever seen.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 11:31 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently screened this one as well and have to say I was very impressed. None of the usual Noise Reduction or Edge enhancement applied. The transfer is naturally sharp with great contrast and colors. I was quit happy with it.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 12:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you buy it as a standalone disc, or are you forced to purchase the elaborate box set?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 05:41 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul I found this on one of the Blue Ray forums: Gone with the Wind (single disc blu): $34.99 at Target ($12.99 Black Friday sale)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC