8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » damit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: damit
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 09:52 AM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELMO-SOUND-ST-1200-magnetic-optical_W0QQitemZ220519734134QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item3358001b76

just missed out on this one, Even if it was a lemon it might have come in for spares

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 10:09 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But John, beware...

the same seller sold the same item for GBP 250 recently with the same description:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELMO-SOUND-ST-1200-magnetic-optical_W0QQitemZ220515977015

I don't what was the background of this saga. But his zero feedback may mean something.

cheers

[ December 04, 2009, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 11:20 AM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did notice that things had changed, I was watching it a couple of weeks ago and it didnt sell then. He's not to far from me and I would have gone to have a look at it anyways. cheers for the heads up anyway.

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 04, 2009 04:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He's not to far from me and I would have gone to have a look at it anyways
Really John....?!!

It is then ...truly "damit".... [Big Grin]

As he clearly stated to offer a Free Local Pickup.

man... if this happened, then it would be a good deal you pay in person GBP 31 for an ST1200 !!!

I can follow that the first "winner" with GBP 250 is no longer registered as we can see here: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=220515977015

So the scenario might be So the winner cheated him and the owner was so disappointed with his first Ebay experience (he is new to Ebay) and then re-listed with GBP 0.99.

But then he decided to make it for a 3 days auction only, so just few people notice (while also we have discussed there was a slightly less interest in this machine based on your previous thread).

So..."damit".."damit"...!! [Wink]

Whatever is the condition, I believe it is repairable.... "damit" again!!!

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 05:51 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing that annoys me most is the fact that I forgot to keep an eye on it, The bid beat me by a £, In the hope that he might be let down by the buyer Iv'e sent him a message with the offer to pay slightly more, you never know eh.

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 04:39 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You never really know if you'd truly be getting a lemon or not. My ST1200 M/O stated it had some problems, but I bid on it anyway. Well, those problems weren't anything that some TLC couldn't take care of, and really didn't cost me anything to repair. I think I paid around $90 for the unit, and that included parcel to me. I was very pleased! [Cool]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC