8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What I have found under my Christmas Tree (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What I have found under my Christmas Tree
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 06:30 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allow me to post a couple of pictures of my Pepa.
She's actually the only audience I normally have when screening.
She was sick, during the last weeks, and just recently totally recovered. A little tumour in her mouth. Not a malignant one, thanks God.

Chiara has already put our Christmas tree up. And Pepa is always so happy, with all those 'dancing' trinkets.
All of us are.
Christmas coming, Pepa definitely better BUT...
YOU CANNOT SEE IT, in the first picture. But exactly over the tree top THERE'S THE SCREEN I NORMALLY USE FOR MY SUPER 8 NIGHTS!.
THIS MEANS I WILL HAVE THE USE THE WALL, for December shows. And the result won't be the same [Frown] .

Oh well, let's say this was only a good excuse to post some pictures of Pepa. She was really bad. And it's nice to see her feeling better! Remember once more she is my favourite audience (actually, she is the only one I can rely on. She never complains about the titles I choose). [Big Grin]

-

-

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 08, 2009 06:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaah! THERE'S Pepa!

Glad to see that Pepa has her "pep" back!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 06:35 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi. Here's she is.
You know how worried me and Chiara were. But Pepa is really better now [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 09:46 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,
Beautiful cat; glad to hear she pulled through well. I am assuming the big brown package is a new projector? [Big Grin]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 11:34 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian... that brown package must be that GS1200 that was new in the box, never used unit that your wife found for you? [Wink]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 08, 2009 11:42 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's a beauty, Gian. Cats and Christmas trees are synonymous. [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 02:09 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian
Pepa looks like a beautiful little princess...How special they are to us...My wife and I have 2 cats (boy and a girl) and the older lady of the house is a 15 year old cocker spaniel. When they get sick our world seems to shut down, so I am glad to hear your girl is doing well. [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 02:17 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Gian.

Dan -

quote:
Cats and Christmas trees are synonymous
I think you'll find that statement also applies to dogs - but for a slightly different reason. My pooch, of course, would never "stoop that low" - she's a "Lady" called Sandy (The "second Lady" in my life).

-

And Gian, believe it or not, she is frightened of cats....

[ December 09, 2009, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 05:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi pals!
Hope you are all ok the same way I am.
And, after so long rainy days, it's sunny here, today!

Thanks a lot for all kind posts.

quote:
I am assuming the big brown package is a new projector?
Claus, I don't think so. Chiara would kill me, instead to buy me a new projector [Big Grin] !

quote:
that brown package must be that GS1200 that was new in the box, never used unit that your wife found for you?
Greg, if only. But, as I stated above, another projector coming will have as a reaction me and Pepa having to leave home eh eh eh!

quote:
She's a beauty, Gian. Cats and Christmas trees are synonymous.
Dan, you are right. Most of people here were so cute to me. But I know what you wrote has a special meaning. I'm still thinking about yours, loving to watch movies with you the same way Pepa does. Thanks a lot for your nice line on this thread. Really. I do appreciate it.

quote:
When they get sick our world seems to shut down, so I am glad to hear your girl is doing well.
Hi Dino.
It's exactly the way we felt here during the passed days. The only people who knew about Pepa's problem were Keith and Osi. But now she's ok it's nice to share my happiness with all of you.

quote:
I think you'll find that statement also applies to dogs
Keith, my dear friend, of course I will!
And how nice to see a picture of her! Did Lady/P. see the picture you have posted in such a nice place as 'our' Forum is?
How nice it to start the day with all your friendly and warm comments, pals.
Thanks!

-

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 06:32 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Gian. Lady Pam did see the picture and I was scolded for not using a better choice of "pooch picture".

I was told that I should have chosen the one where the dog is posing, wearing her Santa hat.... [Eek!]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 06:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell her the one you have posted is simply FANTASTIC!
A big hug to both of you.

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 08:34 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,

glad to see, that Pepa feels better now.
I know what it means if our "family-members" feeling sick and bad.

And as I said in my mail: hope you will survive the screenings on the wall [Big Grin]

Take care,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 08:49 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael.
Thanks a lot. And, of course, I do hope myself to survive!
Take care.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2009 05:47 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian!

Great picture of Pepa with the tree. I'm so glad Pepa's doing well. Seems December is looking up. Pepa's recuperating well, the "missing films" were found, and a new projector under the tree (just kidding about that last one [Wink] ).

My two dogs love to watch movies with me. The smaller one, a yorkee, is so smart and in tune with whats going on in the movie. His favorite is "Wildlife Interlude". He barks at the screen the whole time! My older dog Sparky (a mutt) just stares at me the whole time we watch movies [Roll Eyes] .

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2009 07:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your greetings, James.
And glad to know Pepa is not the only Home Movie Pet Fan Club.

Merry Christmas to you too, of course.
And yes, finally it really seems December is looking up.
Ciao.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 10, 2009 09:04 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pepa looks just "Purrfect" under that Christmas Tree!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 10, 2009 10:30 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
What a beautiful cat Pepa is. What kind of movies does she like to watch? I know Dan's cat Sweetums was a big fan of film noir but left the projection room if he put a musical on. [Big Grin] Is your cat the same way?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2009 11:16 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi - Gian asked Pepa if she had removed a Christmas bauble from the tree?

Pepa replied -

ME, HOW? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 10, 2009 02:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does Pepa like to watch?

Why, the "Aristocrats", of course!

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2009 06:22 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh Gian! nice to see another cat lover on the forum!
My cat Petersen (named after the fictional 1st officer from the 1943 Titanic film) sadly passed away this year, he was 18 so in cat years he was an old timer!
He used to enjoy the film shows and was in most cases the only "patron" apart from myself, but he always used to like walking in front of the projector's beam!!??? [Big Grin]
Patrick

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2009 09:22 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, Osi, Patrick,
you are so kind, thanks for your posst.
I'm sorry in reading about Petersen. Maybe a new puppy for Christmas (to find under the tree, of course, LADY AND THE TRAMP style!) could be an idea, don't you agree?

Keith, I always do my best to communicate with Pepa. Sometimes making questions to. The answer is always the same you have steted in your post [Wink] !

Osi... Well, THE ARISTOCATS is really one of her favorite (probably because of the jazz sound... EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A CAT!). Take care.

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2009 07:39 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian
Lady In The Tramp under the tree for me????? hope it is in scope!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I would like to get another cat in the new year hopefully.
Patrick

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2009 05:08 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh eh eh.
Patrick, I was thinking about a little cat under the tree, in a box as Lady was found it the movie! But yes, hope for it could be a present for Christmas or new year's Eve.
Take care.

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2009 10:30 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fun to read how the cat is your only guest during screenings, Gian, my favorite customer is also my cat!

She can be seen multiple times in the video from my screening room that i posted some time earlier [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2009 11:01 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will surely take a look, Christian [Wink] . Want to see her!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC