8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Noris

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noris
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 12:14 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORIS 410, can anyone give me any feed back regarding the said projector.
Thankyou. Regards.
John

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 09, 2009 01:32 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John, well the are nice to use, very quiet, usually OK with film but they can occasionally mark.
The sprockets do wear though and not sure there are replacements still around.
If mint they are worth a go up to around £50 I`d say but I`d try not to go any higher than that.

They are not so steady picture wise as say an elmo or the better makes like sankyo etc usually, bit more movement generally and on the frame line.

But a nice machine to use on the whole and if the price is sub 50 notes and minty, worth a go for sure.

Best Mark.

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 01:43 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Mark [Smile] The reason I ask is it looks like I will be a while getting a good Elmo 1200, and I dont think the eumig I bought is worth getting profesionaly seen to. so I am looking elsewhere for a good quality reliable 8mm machine. In order of choice excluding the Elmo brand (and I know this might be a personel choice to most) which brands and models do you guys recommend. At this moment I can only afford up to maybe £100, Not a lot I know and I am willing to travel to pick one up say up to 50 miles from where I live. Picking up the item is a big factor with me because for some strange reason I have very little faith in the handling of anything when it comes down to our postal service [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 09, 2009 02:07 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John I would say your best bet would be say a Bell and Howell DCT 150 watt lamp, great sound, kind to films,( made by sankyo) less fussy than en elmo as well. Or the same machine in Sankyo also 150 lamp 702 or 800 etc, you can pick a good one up around the ton. You might also find they suit you well enough to stay with them long term.

Even the 100 watt Sankyo`s ( or bell and howell DCR DCM same chasis etc) like the 501 or 701 etc can be a super buy at around £50 and up for a minter.( or even lower if lucky)

Usually very relibale.

Many Elmo 1200,s you buy will need work on the rubber drive rollers or the rubber on the shutter if it has some needs removing.

Many a Mint sankyo will run well straight out of the box even after 30 years.

Good luck.

Best Mark.

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 02:24 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I was looking at this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bell-&-Howell-DCT-super-8-sound-projector_W0QQitemZ120497665699QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091126?IMSfp=TL0911261510001r773

Look what it went for [Mad] but then again it was outside my trav distance

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 09, 2009 02:54 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John, that was a good buy. About the right mark as well. I think thats enough privately.
They are a great straight forward machine and would probably do you well and the 1.2 lens and 150 lamp add a nice bit of pic quality.

Do you have a green or yellow free ( or reasonable) adds paper locally as worth putting a wanted add like " Wanted super 8 sound projector and films in nice order " They are slightly thinner on the ground these days but you may get offered something nice and fairly local.
Worth a card on the local supermarket wall as well, especialy if you do prefer local pick up etc.

Best Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 02:56 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just bought a 410 today! I will let you know how it is. Good machines though.

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 03:43 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like this one?...............nice looking bit of kit
[URL=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORIS-410-Super-8-Sound-Projector_W0QQitemZ200414687220QQcategoryZ11722QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252 BIA%2]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORIS-410-Super-8-Sound-Projector_W0QQitemZ200414687220QQcategoryZ11722QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%25 2BIA%2[/URL] 52BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D11%26ps%3D63

£160 brand new Ive just found out

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2009 06:45 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 410 has arrived and is an outstanding machine. Still in the orig box and great to look at. Projected image is as steady as any machine I've seen, with good sound (very clear) and bright image from the A1/231 100w lamp. I'd say this is a decent, very decent all-round performer! Worth buying.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2009 01:40 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having now run several films through the 410, I can now say that steadiness is not an issue on the machine I have. My example is mint; not even ANY dust on the cooling fan blades. Light output and clarity of picture and sound are both outstanding. What tends to happen is that people buy a worn example of a certain projector and then think that all examples of the projector in question suffer from the problems which that user experienced! Let's not stereotype.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC