8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Desert Island Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Desert Island Movies
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 17, 2009 09:15 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time for some Christmas fun. Ok, you are cast away on a desert island with a wind powered GS1200, an inexhaustible supply of ESC lamps, and a tripod screen. You have a choice of six films to take with you. Which films are on your list? Obviously they have to be films that you will love watching over and over again. Here is my choice, in no particular order:

1. Casablanca . I am sure a lot of people would choose this film, possibly the best film ever. The acting and the dialogue is constantly entertaining.

2. Shane Quite simly the best Western ever made, with great acting and great scenery.

3. Singin' in the Rain For the monsoon season on the island. A very funny film, with great song and dance. Never fails to lift the spirits.

4. Sun Valley Serenade Possibly the best ever film record of the Glen Miller Orchestra. With awesome Sun Valley scenery and the really cute Sonja Henie.

5. Vertigo Hitchcock's masterpiece, awesome Bernard Hermann score, and last but by no means least, the gorgeous Kim Novak

6. Cinema Paradiso Wonderful story, marvellous music, and guaranteed to make me cry.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2009 09:55 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Grease, scope print of course, hopefully I was allowed to bring the scope lens on that island.

2. Show Boat

3. Singin' In The Rain

4. E.T. (fond memories from the 80's, how could I not want to see this over again?)

5. Back To The Future

6. Gone With The Wind (gotta have an epic/classic)

I'm guessing Cast Away would be too much of a deja vu if one were marooned on an island... LOL... If it were available.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 17, 2009 09:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Castaway..(Seriously, think about the instructional value given the situation...)

2) Apollo 13..Engineers as Heroes!

3) When the North Wind Blows..A favorite whether on this or any island.

4) Citizen Kane...A masterpiece, one I'll watch many times.

5) The Music Box..Stan and Ollie's Classic of Classics

6) A Christmas Story...For somebody who grew up in a family of Jean Shepherd fans it's practically written into my DNA

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2009 03:34 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm a hard one......
1. THE WIZARD OF OZ full feature

2. RAISE THE TITANIC in scope/stereo the old time favorite!

3. THE NEVER-ENDING STORY 600ft scope

4. DALEKS INVASION EARTH 2150AD full feature in scope

5. THE TOWERING INFERNO 3x400ft

6. STARWARS A NEW HOPE either the 2 400ft digests of the full feature in scope/stereo.

Patrick [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 18, 2009 05:07 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What....no "Tom and Jerry" [Roll Eyes] this one is a must [Smile]
 -
well thats it on Super8 however if I can bring along my Solar powered Panny as well..then....
2..Hell in the Pacific with Lee Marvin and Tishiro Mifune.
3..Mr Bean's Holiday [Smile]
4..Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....did it ever come out on Super8?
 -
5... James Stewart "Its a Wonderfull Life" on Super8.
6... And this one should have made it onto Super8 Disney's "Treasure Island"
 -
a young Bobby Driscoll and Robert Newton as the brilliant one and only "Long John Silver" [Wink]

Graham.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2009 01:44 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I think I may have to take the "anything goes" approach...

I'd take

1 - IT = I actually love WINGS far more but let's face it on a desert island I get more Clara for my buck in this one.

2 - THE MONSTER I think it is hilarious and creepy all at the same time..and can watch it over and over..

3 - IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT - again one that I find hilarious and very easy to watch over and over again, and there is even a sing along.

4 - MALE AND FEMALE I'll use this one for island living inspiration and for some bedtime dream inspiration when I need a break from IT.. Let's face it a deserted island is gonna get awfully lonely.

5 - CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON what can I say...I friggin loooove this movie...

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC