8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Very rare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very rare
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 05:58 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive never seen one of theses before
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-37-DUAL-GAUGE-8-16mm-PROJECTOR-DITMAR-2860_W0QQitemZ390135365373QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=it em5ad5e13efd

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 06:10 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking for the 9.5 duo for sometime now.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 06:40 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very special indeed. I am keeping an eye on that auction.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 06:57 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! What a beauty!

I've read a little about these. This looks like a well kept unit. That would be nice to have one machine to handle both formats. (More space in the projector booth)

My "booth" is crowded, the super 8 is fixed and the standard 8 and 16mm rotate on an as needed basis.

Well...good luck guys!

Bill

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 07:02 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can recommend the seller. I bought a Eumig 926 from him. Very helpful he was and the machine as described and well-packed. He often has interesting items for sale.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 07:11 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, I understand the full booth problem...I actually have number of multi format projectors including a Paillard Bolex G3 which is for 8mm, 9.5mm and 16mm. The problem usually with the multi format ones is they are not uniform across. They may be great on one gauge and then not so great on another, so you wind up needing separate projectors anyway...

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 07:18 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, what do you mean by not uniform across?

Bill

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 10:24 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, it means that it doesnt run all formats equally good. Like for example running 16 mm smoothly, but being wobbly on 8 and 9,5 mm, or running 8 mm smoothly, but tearing the 16 mm films.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 03:36 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Christian...I was thinking along those lines but I wasn't sure. I would think this particular machine would perform better because each gauge has it's own seperate gate and film path.

Is that so? Or all the dual gauge machines just novelties?

Bill

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 06:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I think the multi format projectors that have the removable parts are better, although the Heurtiers' only have changeable gates and they seem to be the best....I know the G3 I have is HORRIBLE on 9.5 but good on 8mm and 16mm, but it is tempting on all gauges because it has an adjustable shutter....OH and sorry for being confusing earlier, "I don't speak always great across get my point" [Confused]

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 07:01 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Dino! I figured that's what you meant, but wasn't sure.

I suppose that when the projector is dedicated to a single format that is the best way to go...but still this 8mm/16mm projector is still pretty sweet! Nice pics.

Bill

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 07:51 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I've never seen one of these either. It has an intermittent movement instead of claw, interesting..... wonder if the intermittent is belt driven, or gear.... and enclosed or not. Something you'd have to make sure it's greased up all the time for sure.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC