8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Soundtracks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Soundtracks
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 17, 2010 03:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stewart
I dont recall any of Bert Kaempfert music being used in the movies his record album though "A Swingin Safari" was released back in 1962 his music was always popular "still is" and I think its still available from Polydor the CD "Bert Kaempfert Collection" 1992... well worth getting.

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Martin
Junior

- posted January 19, 2010 05:26 PM      Profile for Paul Martin   Email Paul Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another hobby of mine.... 8 tracks! I've got Star Trek : The Motion Picture, Wrath of Khan and a few of the Bonds on tape.

--------------------
The world needs more Star Trek on 8mm! :)

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 18, 2012 02:22 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Came across this one lately at a junk store, enjoyed listening to it.
 -
Always thought the 400ft Super8 digest was well done.

Graham. [Smile]

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2012 11:33 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thread is still going, nice [Smile]

Audrey's beauty plus Henry's music in Living Stereo....oh yes:

-

The "original" score for "2001", or at least what was written before Alex North got fired from the job:

-

Ry Cooder wrote great music for the film "The Border."
This Australian release is well worth finding:
 -

I love Steiner's work in "Kong." Can you tell? [Big Grin] :

-

The 1934 big-budget bio of Pancho Villa, "Viva Villa" doesn't get much play anywhere.
This 78 features a stomping version of "La Cucaracha" as used in the movie, an early example of a record tie-in with films well before soundtrack albums became popular or even available:

-

And the one, the only Anton Karas with his immortal theme:

-

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2012 01:54 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soundtrack is one of my favorite genres. I have a long list.

Aladdin
Alice In Wonderland
All Shook Up
Almost Alice
American Graffiti
Annie
August Rush
Beastly
Beauty & The Beast: The Broadway cast
Beauty & The Beast (Original Soundtrack)
Beginners
Best of James Bond
Blade Runner
Burlesque
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Camp Rock 2: the Final Jam
Cars
Cats: Selections From the Musical
Cats: The Film
Charlotte's Web
Chicago Movie Soundtrack
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
Cinderella (1957 Original Broadway cast)
Classic Disney Vol. 1-5
Coraline
The Dark Knight
Drive
Enchanted
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Fiddler On The Roof
Fight Club
Finding Neverland
Footloose
Freedom Fighters (Videogame Soundtrack)
Gladiator
Glee vol. 1-6
Gone With The Wind
Good News
Hairspray
Hanah Montana 3
Hannah Montana: The Movie
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
Hello, Dolly!
High School Musical 3: Senior Year
The Hobbit
Hugo Original Score
Inception
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Into The Woods
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat
Juno
The Legend of Zelda 25 Anniversary
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Lemony Snicket's: A Series of unfortunate Events
The Lion King
The Lion King: 1997 Broadway
The Little Mermaid
The Lord of the Rings Musical
The Lord of the Rings Online'
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Malcolm in the Middle
Mamma Mia! (The Movie Soundtrack)
Marry Poppins (Original London Cast)
Meet The Robinsons
Memphis (The Original Broadway Cast)
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge 2
Newsies
The Nightmare Before Christmas
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Once
Once Upon A Mattress
The Phantom of The Opera
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
The Prince of Egypt
The Princess Frog
Rent (Original Motion Picture)
Rent (Original Broadway Cast)
Scooby Doo (Original Motion Picture)
Sherlock Holmes
Shrek
Shrek 2
Singing In the Rain
Slumdog Millionaire
Spirited Away
Star Wars Episodes I-VI
Sweeney Todd (Original Broadwar Cast)
Sweeney Todd (Original Motion Picture)
Tron
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Walt Disney's Snow White
West Side Story (Broadway)
Wicked (Original Broadway Cast)
The Wizard of Oz
Wizards of Waverly Place
Wonderland (Original Broadway Cast)
13 Going On 30
300 Original Soundtrack
500 Days of Summer

Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2012 08:05 PM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have aquired a different type of soundtrack, which is even harder to come by. The Griggs Moviedrome issued cassette tapes back in the 70's of scores on piano for their silent films. These were ptimarily written and performed by Stuart Oderman. I have

Metropolis, Wings, Nosferatu, which are for 8mm prints. The Penalty, and The Unknown for two Lon Chaney 16mm prints that they didn't release the films, but released the tapes, because they were played in The Essex Film Club, which was run by Robe Lee, who owned The Griggs Moviedrome, with John Griggs.

Donnie Lee his son transfered these for me from the reel to reel masters on to cd. I also have The Lost World, which is the only one not done by Stuart Oderman. As Donnie go through more of the tapes, I hope to aquire more.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 22, 2012 12:19 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
and thats how you catch a "half ton" Rino...with a wooden pole and a bit of rope. [Smile]
 -
One of the most popular soundtracks during the 70s.

Graham. [Smile]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 22, 2012 06:03 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a soundtrack collector...but certainly have my favorites. John Williams is at the top of my list...all his scores are genius. I've enjoyed several of James Horner's scores such as Titanic, Legends of the Fall, Braveheart, and Apollo 13. I was also a big fan of Henry Mancini, especially the score for Hatari (1962).

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 28, 2012 02:35 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, James Horner's music for Titanic and the follow up CD Back To Titanic was very good. The Score for Braveheart was outstanding and contributed a lot to the mood of the film.
 -
I bought this double album of John Barry back in the 70s and is outstanding.
 -
later on he recieved an Academy award for "Dances With Wolves" and you can see why, its brilliant and excellent choice of composer by Director/Actor Kevin Costner.
 -
here is an oldie from the 1952 film, they dont make them like that anymore...pity.
 -
My latest...Well I just had to get this one [Smile]

Graham.

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2012 08:55 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last November, I was staying in Morro Bay, a tiny seaside tourist destination about four hours north of my home in Los Angeles, and I actually found a collectors' record store that was open on Thanksgiving Day! Of course I had to browse, and I went away with two treasures: Riz Ortlani's "Mondo Cane" and John Barry's "The Lion in Winter." On vinyl, naturally.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 25, 2012 09:34 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At last I came across this LP of "Paint Your Wagon" with one of my all time favorite tracks, "Wand'rin Star" by Lee Marvin.
 -
One of the greatest Western scores ever on LP, Jerome Moross and a 60-piece symphonic orchestra "The Big Country" 1958 bought this record back in the 70s.
 -
Lasty, another LP from 1974 "That's Entertainment" and one of the most popular Super8 features around.
 -
Graham.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 21, 2012 06:03 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I have quite a number of soundtrack albums,all Italian,mainly
western but not all Morricone.My favourite pieces of Ennio
Morricone's are the scores for "IL SEGRETTO", "FORCE G"
aka "WINGED DEVILS", "LEONOR","MADDALENA","THE SHORT
NIGHT OF THE CRYSTAL DOLLS""DESERT OF THE TARTARS",
"1900" and "THE BIG SILENCE"
There's just something about
the way the Italian Composers put their scores together that I
really love,and can find that certain themes can actually move
one to tears it's so emotive.A soundtrack that ticks all the boxes
regarding Western scores must be "HAVE A GOOD FUNERAL,
SARTANA WILL PAY" by Bruno Nicholai which apart from a
powerful main theme, has some very moving passages played
on cor anglais that stand well on their own,but when the music
and image combine, the effect can have the hair standing on the back of your neck The climax of "THE HELLBENDERS"
with the dying Joseph Cotten crawling over the mud to die
while the music reaches it's end with the soaring voice of
Edda Dell' Orso on the soundtrack,the effect is cosmic.I suppose
that's one of the reasons I have a fondness for the Italian Western is the way they marry image and sound so brilliantly.
Sadly this skill seems to have been lost,but it was one that
saved the Italian Film Industry.Thankfully we still have the LPs
and CDs to remind us.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2012 11:16 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been collecting film soundtracks since the early 1970s, with first being Jaws, then The Towering Inferno, Earthquake and so on, all on vinyl. I have all the Bond 007 soundtracks which were released on vinyl from Dr No to Licence To Kill. The rare Logan's Run album and so forth. Have recently acquired the limited edition release of the full score to The Poseidon Adventure.

As a cine fan interested in mechanical projection l also enjoy playing my vinyl on twin Gemini xt100 turntables...beautiful!

[ May 04, 2012, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Mark L Barton ]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 08, 2012 04:59 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus
Yesterday we were shopping in a nearby mall when I saw a sign saying DVDs CDs and Records [Eek!] I thought that cant be right "Records" I haven't seen records for sale in a store for years it must be a mistake.

Well sure enough, they did have some, all in very good condition. I could not believe it but here was a copy of "Mackenna's Gold" [Cool] and "2001 A Space Odyssey" at only $5 each.

I am over the moon getting "Mackenna's Gold" as it must be close to over 40 years since I last had that LP. "Ole Turkey Buzzard" sung by Jose Feliciano has to be one of the best. The Album was produced by Quincy Jones.
 -

-

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC