8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Just won this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just won this
John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 05:49 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300388015416&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

I took a gamble and im now thinking.................WHY.
But then again it cant be any worse than the GL I bought.
Wish me luck. [Confused] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 05:54 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!

I've gotten plenty of bargins on ebay!

Bill

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:15 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bargain.
Can you tell me the Lottery numbers for next week? great purchase.
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:40 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky man [Wink] ! If you are in a position to make that 'lottery favour' to Steven, would you be so kind to do the same also for me, please? Thanks [Wink] !

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 18, 2010 01:45 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot think any cheaper from this. Even in Indonesia we hardly found a Eumig sold for that price.

Please John hare with us when the projector is in your hands.

regards

--------------------
Winbert

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2010 02:01 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yep well done! Just because it came cheap doesn't mean it is gonna be a stinker...

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2010 12:44 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers guys, Just a thought........On the GL I HAVE there is a Vario-Eupronet f: 1.3 \ F: 14-30 mm AND THE S934 I have bought has a standard lens as you can see from the photo he has uploaded. yet on the Super 8 database the 934 automix has this Vario-Eupronet f: 1.4 \ F: 17-30 mm Multicoated.
Can the lens from the gl be put on the 934????????.
Phew..... [Eek!] bit longwinded ........sorry [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2010 05:05 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And just one more thing, can the bulb be upgraded at all [Confused] and is it worth it [Razz] . Sorry for the newbee Qs [Wink]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 01:26 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No takers................ I sent the guy a message earlier and he says he put two films though it last night before packing it away and they ran fine, (he didnt say sound or silent, but im assuming sound) he also wrote,"The machine was checked over, when I bought it, by Mr King of Stoke-on-Trent who formerly worked for Pattersons, distributors for Eumig.".
He also wrote " I have just acquired a Eumig 824, dual gauge which suits me better so this 934 is no longer needed."
Its ready for postage tommorrow...cant wait, and along with the Elmo 1200 Im buying its just a case of getting hold of some films now [Big Grin]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 01:43 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, although it was several years ago now I have had major work done on both my Elmo ST1200HD and Beaulieu 708EL by Mr. King of Stoke-on-Trent.

Although it would be fair to say he took his time, both projectors were returned in fantastic condition. The guy really knew his stuff and did amazing work both times.

As far as I'm concerned he performed miracles with each of my treasured projectors. [Smile]

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 02:10 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ta Rob........"really knew his stuff?" does that suggest he is no longer with us [Frown] .

Any answers regarding the lenses. Regards [Wink]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 02:21 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, when I wrote "knew" I was refering to the times I dealt with him, which was about six years ago now. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't phrase it too well.

Last time I tried to speak to him (about three years ago I think) I spoke with his wife and, although I may be wrong, was left with the impression that he had pretty much retired from it all. He used to advertise in Film for the Collector I think which is how I found him.

So honest answer is I don't really know, although I wish him well. All I know is that when he worked on my stuff he was genious!

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 02:28 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rob............ [Wink]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2010 02:34 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So hopefully, John, if this guy did check over your projector, you've got a gud 'un! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC