8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around) (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Author Topic: Projectors in movies (as opposed to the other way around)
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 24, 2015 11:56 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oups. Malavita is the title in French http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=207801.html.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 15, 2015 02:23 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has settled down quite a bit...but here is my latest projector sighting. While binge watching the original TV series The Fugitive starring David Janssen...I spotted a 16mm projector in this last season's episode. Charles Bronson and his fellow agents were reviewing surveillance footage.

-

[ October 15, 2015, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 18, 2015 01:40 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of the Halloween genre... Giant tarantulas roam the earth in the movie Tarantula (1955). The audiance learns about the deadly behaviors of tarantulas by viewing a 8mm film. However, the movie simulation on the screen is probably the worst I've ever seen. Notice the black rounded corner boarder around the image. [Smile]

-

[ October 20, 2015, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 06, 2015 01:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the recent film Regression, the action is set in 1990 and a projector is seen in a church.

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 07, 2015 12:26 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure this ones already been mentioned but too many too read back through [Big Grin]
Gremlins [Wink]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 04:46 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been mentioned before, but now I have frame grabs: Hitchcock's "Rebecca" (1940) contains a sequence where the de Winters (Joan Fontaine, Laurence Olivier) view 16mm home movies from their honeymoon. Since Manderley is fictionally located in England, I'm presuming the projector is an Ampro or something like it - but I have no idea.

The scene begins with Mrs. de Winter making an entrance to the viewing room in her new evening gown with a new hair style:
 -

Then, as they begin viewing, you get a brief flash of the side of the projector:
 -

Finally, as the conversation turns darker and trumps any interest of what's on the screen, a Hitchcockian use of the projector's lighting is a little disturbing:
 -

Michel Boulet
Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 04:58 PM      Profile for Michel Boulet   Email Michel Boulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a Bell and Howell

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 01:54 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to my family, we have made a discovery worth putting out on film! In fact, had Shaun the Sheep been around back in the package film era, you can imagine how well it would've worked to have silent prints of this stuff. Well, here we are in the Internet age, and thanks to Amazon Prime, here are photos from Shaun the Sheep, Season 3, Episode 4, segment 3 entitled (most appropriately) "Film Night." Aardman did a super job with this. Having this on Super 8mm or 16 would be a treat.
 -

-

-

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 26, 2015 04:37 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cute Bill [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 10:58 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure if you count TV Sitcoms as Movies...but this one is a given!
Castaway Pictures Presents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNKdLKD-OPs
Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 27, 2015 11:50 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt, Jim Schrader actually posted this back in 2011 [Smile]

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001619;p=3#000071

A very funny episode! Always wondered how they got film for the camera?... developed it? ... and powered the projector? [Smile] I guess it doesn't pay to think too much about the details and just enjoy the comedy [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 27, 2015 12:20 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou Franchetti had an absolutely gorgeous print of that Gilligan's Island episode at CineSea a couple of years ago.

You can't really appreciate the colors and the scenery of that show until you see a 16mm print.

-The answer to every technical challenge on Gilligan's Island was always "The Professor figured it out!".

He understood everything except...Ginger!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 01:01 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Jim seems to like the same films I like!
Okay, here is another many will maybe not know because it is a Canadian show, in fact, was broadcast right here in Hamilton, Ontario at CHCH TV, filmed locally as well.
Bwana Clide Batty from Hillarious House of Frightenstein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PSbkHO3R5Y
Every episode(many of which are still being hunted for) featured this tangled mess of a projector.
[Smile]
not sure if one can make out the type, but since it is local to here and i cant seem to find anything but B&H or Kodaks around here, I bet it is a BH 16mm Autoload or something [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 27, 2015 01:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt...My guess is that projector is nothing more than a stage prop. It doesn't look like any 16mm I've ever seen. That lens is huge...more like for a slide projector lens or even more like a TV Camera lens. It's pretty flimsy too...might just be cardboard. I love all the film ribboned around it [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 03:11 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I was watching "Dreadnought", a Derann Pathe Pic. One sequence illustrated entertainment for the submarine crew. They are seen huddled into a tight space next to an old Bell and Howell, watching another Pathe Pic on Hawaii!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 27, 2015 04:09 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are good ones Bill [Big Grin]

Here is one movie my wife was watching last week I would not recommend a bit to scary for me..."Fragile"...the only good thing about it was the B/H projector shown.
 -

[ November 27, 2015, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2015 06:01 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi cheesy Chesney hawkes in the music video one and only from the film buddy song if you look carefully the is my kalee.

--------------------
kinema king

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 10:53 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a search and didn't see this one listed, so apologies if it has been mentioned and i missed it:

SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET

Real good Reel/projector footage in this one. Someone may know the projector type, i couldn't make it out myself...
The Dalai Lama is secluded, and watches films to learn more about life outside of Tibet. He asks Brad Pitt in one part to make him a 'movie box', ie. a mini cinema, which they watch films in.
Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 05:20 AM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just started to watch "The man in the high castle" ........the use of a 16mm projector and film plays a massive role in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzz_6dmv03I

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 05:29 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What looked like a 16mm projector, I say that because it was out of focus, was in the Episode of Father Brown shown Tuesday. It was strange as it was about a cinema film being made, but the camera was shown to be an Arriflex 16 (not what I would have thought would be used for feature films in England in 1959' when this was set). The rushes were 16mm but at the end the Father was tied up with 35mm film that was being viewed on an editor (Moviola???).

Other film equipment shown was not right, a Bolex H16 being used as a sound on film camera and so on so it may have been a 8mm projector shown from the rear close to camera.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 15, 2016 06:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can see (very) briefly a movie projector in the film "Moonwalkers" I saw at the videma. Although the story is set in the UK (and partly in the USA), it seems, from the end crédits, that some scenes (the best ones probably ?) were shoot in Belgium.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 22, 2016 02:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While watching an old John Wayne movie last night (Trouble Along the Way (1953)...I stumbled upon this projector sighting.

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 13, 2016 12:18 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really pay attention to most commercials on TV (unless my son is in them [Smile] ) But even though I'm not a Vodka drinker ... prefer Tequila ... for some reason I felt connected with some of the images in this Grey Goose commercial [Wink] I think you'll see what I mean [Cool]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxE0MGJRSM

-

--------------------
Janice

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 13, 2016 09:31 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful commercial Janice! Thanks for posting it.
I think I will show a movie on my neighbor's house tonight! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 13, 2016 09:36 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did that once...

-didn't mean to!

(When your screen hangs in front of a picture window, you gotta pull it down!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC