8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Disney Alice in wonderland (1951)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disney Alice in wonderland (1951)
Mikel Jenson
Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2010 12:37 AM      Profile for Mikel Jenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what formats this was released on? I found one on laser disk but I wondered if it was ever released on film.

Thank you
-Mikel Jenson

|  IP: Logged

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2010 06:25 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll believe Gian has an 16mm print(not for sale)but maby he knows more about this film! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2010 01:54 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney Super 8 released two very nice extracts from Alice in Wonderland in the 1970's. Anything else on super 8mm is probably boot-legged.

James.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 04:21 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

here are some details about the German Super8-digest (initially released by Globus, web-page only shows the version released later on by Revue):
http://www.super-8-hobby.de/revzent08.htm
At the bottom of that page you'll find the covers of the US-American and French digests (released by "Walt Disney Home Movies").
The German digest is in colour with sound and has got a length of approx. 45m (approx. 150 feet).

The cover of the other US-American digest (also released by "Walt Disney Home Movies"):
http://www.super-8-hobby.de/psc_wdhm-alice.jpg

Jörg

Mikel Jenson
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 02:35 PM      Profile for Mikel Jenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cool! I wish i owned one of these! lol

-Mikel Jenson

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 05:01 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mikel.
How are you?
The movie was never officially released on 8mm. Not even here in Italy, when in the late 70's/early 80's lots of Disney's were unofficially issued using 16 and 35mm positive prints.

The excerpts James and Joerg have mentioned are the only ones available on 8mm. They were edited in several languages (Italian, German, French, Spanish, English and more). Not properly rare, but not even so easy to find.

BTW the title was issued on 16mm. It is possible to get it printed on good stock such as Agfa or Eastman LPP. But copies on fading stocks (Eastman and Kodak SP) were also released.

A little hard to get it, since lots of collectors know very well it was not released on 8mm. And this is the only film-format (well, excluding 35mm) it is possible to find the title printed on.
Good luck.

GIAN

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC