8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » NASA film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA film
Awe Aarde
Junior

- posted February 12, 2011 10:59 AM      Profile for Awe Aarde   Email Awe Aarde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I am a NASA Apollo collector of 8mm and 16mm film.
We will buy any film footage from people that like to sell it.

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2011 04:21 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I can find it, I'll let you know [Smile]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Awe Aarde
Junior

- posted March 29, 2011 01:37 AM      Profile for Awe Aarde   Email Awe Aarde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, any footage of these early space years I am interested in. We will digitalize the footage and publish the films for free online. www.awe130.nl

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2011 02:36 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think unless the films are over 50 years old Awe they are still copyrighted. So be careful if you go ahead with publishing any of these NASA films - it's pointless losing your house over.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kirkamus Anderson
Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2011 03:33 PM      Profile for Kirkamus Anderson   Email Kirkamus Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should be no copyright issue.

Anything shot by Nasa is Public Domain as it was paid for with US Tax dollars.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 03:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anything shot by Nasa is Public Domain as it was paid for with US Tax dollars.

Kirk, are you sure about that? so any government broadcast can also be re-relayed without need to worry about the copyright issues?

--------------------
Winbert

Kirkamus Anderson
Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2011 04:10 PM      Profile for Kirkamus Anderson   Email Kirkamus Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep as far as America goes that's the deal.

However if someone made a movie of appolo mission and put a soundtrack on it then released it there could be issues there.

But you can get most of the nasa footage from the library of congresss at decent resolution for FREE and it's copyright free.

Go nuts and make as many found footage films as you want!

EDIT- I know I know CITE SOURCES DUMMY!

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/MP_Photo_Guidelines.html

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2011 04:48 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't found the footage I thought I had...but when I'm done with the remodeling I will be able to access a few more boxes of stored away film. I think (if I still have it) it is with my wife's family home movies which are DEEP in storage.

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2011 07:49 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
curiosity killed the cat so I dug out the box...what I have is old Mercury Friendship 7 stuff. About 150' silent footage.

I also found my misplaced Earth vs. The Flying Saucers abridged film. It was the first film I purchased from member of this site.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC