8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Where Have All The Flowers Gone??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where Have All The Flowers Gone??
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 16, 2011 02:55 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't ask this before, so I thought it would of interest to our esteemed members. Remember when you were a kid and there were so many flowers to admire. I mean real flowers. I think it was because people worked hard at horticulture creating real classic gems pure to their species. Of course, young girls could a picked them all. What do you think. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 17, 2011 02:24 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Lail...you are a naughty man!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2011 02:29 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More important, Dan....... where have all the young girls gone?

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 17, 2011 06:35 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan

I remember a song from long long ago called "Where Have All The Flowers Gone"...long time passing... just remembering some of the words, who sang it?

Well here is a largest rose in the world I took a photo in the gardens in the city last January.
 -
and another one of the worlds largest daffodil
 -
Its the fertilizer they use out here that makes things grow so big [Wink]
Talking about flowers I worked for an airline that used the "Mount Cook Lily" as the company logo sadly long gone although its really a buttercup.
 -
Thats me towing one of the aircraft and a rare one of yours truly doing some work [Big Grin] The lily or should I say buttercup is on the tail.

Graham. [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 17, 2011 06:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where have all the flowers gone?

Into cakes, pies and other delcious baked goods!

Wheat flowers, Rye flowers ...

and if you don't eat enough wheats and flowers,

well, trips to the "Lou" will not be as pleasant as one would desire!

Therefore, I'm all for "Flour Power"

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 17, 2011 08:20 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marin Jones wrote....
quote:
More important, Dan....... where have all the young girls gone?
Ahem! They're still here. Girls like Little Bo Peep. Little Bo Peep was a little girl, who had lost her sheep. And didn't know where to find them. Now it's reasonable to assume if she had lost her sheep, she wouldn't know where to find them. So, leave them alone and they, they being the sheep, will come home(oh, it will be a brighter day tomorrow, they will come home)...wagging their tails. Pray tell me what else could they wag..... behind them? Do we think they would wag them in front? Of course, they could have come home out in reverse.

quote:
The lily or should I say buttercup is on the tail.
See! Great flowers of the past are now dead and new ones have been reduced to mere appearances on the tails of airplanes. [Frown]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 18, 2011 09:47 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Peter, Paul & Mary.

Pat D

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2011 11:14 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
who else... who DIDN'T?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Have_All_the_Flowers_Gone%3F

And Dan.... I'm with you on the Bo-Peep one also!
(It's in the Book!)

[ April 18, 2011, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Martin Jones ]

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 18, 2011 12:25 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those giant flowers...just imaging a sci/fi thought or two

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 18, 2011 12:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Distant relatives to the Triffids perhaps?! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 18, 2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe and Osi
Thats why Peter Jackson makes his movies here [Smile]

Pasquale
Great thing the internet [Smile] I found the version I was thinking about as I remember hearing it long way back in the early 60s, did a search last night and pretty sure the one I remember was sung by Marline Dietrich.

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC