8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Johnny Engish Reborn

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Johnny Engish Reborn
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 13, 2011 08:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks if you haven't gone to the movies for a while, go and see this one, its very funny. Move over Daniel Craig as "Bond" and let "Mr Bean" Rowan Atkinson take over [Big Grin] he is much much better.

Excellent 35mm Scope print and sound [Smile] Oh! stay right through the end credits, there is a brilliant sketch where Johnny English/Mr Bean [Big Grin] does a bit of preparing the vegetables to the music of "The Hall of the Mountain King"

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2011 04:03 PM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this film the other day in a cineworld mutiplex,excellent film pitty it was in digital though. [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 14, 2011 10:59 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nick
Sorry to read that you were stuck with a digital presentation [Frown] hope you watched those end credits [Smile] We are in the middle of the school holidays and apart from the "Smurfs" Johnny English has been a real hit. I have put a sign up next to the door of the cinema thats running it informing folk that there is something to watch right at the end....the downstairs staff dont like it as there is only 15 minutes for cleaning between screenings so they have been hiding it [Smile]

Are most of the cinemas in the UK gone the digital way?... [Frown]

Graham.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 15, 2011 03:52 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Talking about credit (end) title, is it compulsory in NZ to play till the end of it or sometime you ca turn the projector off if you think it is too boring and no one left in the cinema. What is the rule over there?

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 15, 2011 03:55 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert
I have not come across anything writen that states that its compulsory to run the end credits if no one is in the cinema, however in the past I have been to other cinemas that have closed the projector dowser on folk during the end credits. That kind of thing really bugs me and in the past somone did just that at the place where I work. They did not know I along with others were still watching the screen from the back. I did visit the projection room afterwards for an explanation and said "dont do that again" let the projector and the automation do its thing...leave alone.

The thing is Winbert people pay to go to the movies and the end credits is part of it and often a few people will watch it to the end so its not up to the projectionist to decide "thats all folks" before its finished in my view that looks bad.

A few years ago I got a call from downstairs that a certain lead actress was watching a movie we were running that she was in. Imagine what would happen to the projectionist if the credits had been cut short. The thing is, you never know who is still down there watching [Smile]

Graham.

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2011 01:30 PM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham, thanks for your sympothetic words, [Big Grin] I did'nt get to see the end credits as the girlfriend wanted to leave as the credits rolled, [Roll Eyes] anyway I do plan on watching it again soon as my local single screen still runs 35mm at the moment so will get to watch it an propper film.
I think now most of the multiplex cinemas over here now are digital appart from the odd few I know of like Liverpool Odeon multiplax which has combined digital/35mm/IMAX.
Worcester vue multiplex etc.
I did notice in the digital cinema that when the adverts and trailers were running,every now and again there would be a slight pause you know like you sometimes get when running a dvd like a split second pause in layering.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC