8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Profile Pics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Profile Pics
Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2012 02:04 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know why it is taking so long for user's profile pics to get approved?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 17, 2012 02:43 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant,

That is completely my fault and I apologize. It's not an approval process, I have to resize them and send them on to Brad. I will get them done by this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 05:12 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH COME ON! Just kidding good to know lol

Anthony Buhay
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2012 10:50 PM      Profile for Anthony Buhay   Author's Homepage   Email Anthony Buhay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how does one even get a profile picture??? nevermind.. lol

[ January 31, 2012, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Anthony Buhay ]

--------------------
All your films belong to me :) just kidding, we can shares!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 01, 2012 07:22 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anthony,

At great expense, the 8mm Forum sends a commercial photo crew to your residence (although we have on occasion flown members to a more suitable location that our scout has recommended). The production coordinator obtains the necessary permits and on the prep day the wardrobe, prop and set design department heads meet to discuss what is required. The shoot day starts early with the hair and make up artists meeting with the portrait photographer to determine the desired look for the Forum member. After the shoot, the best selects are chosen and retouching (if needed) is applied. Once final approval from the 16 member Profile Picture panel is received, the photo is uploaded and using laser measurement sensors, meticulously positioned underneath the member's name.

That's why it takes so long to get these pictures up.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2012 07:42 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That post pretty much made my day.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC