8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Titanic Inspired

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Titanic Inspired
Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2012 05:23 PM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the eve of the great Titanic disaster i was inspired to make a small video on my thoughts of the events that happened. Below is the link to my Video.

Desmond

http://vimeo.com/40282389

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2012 06:08 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Desmond,

First off, great job. Excellent stills of the ship and a combination of images that really hit you. As someone who shoots (and occationally edits) professionally, I know this was no small task to put together. Great music mix; what were the pieces?

My only reservation is that it ends rather abruptly instead of the slow fade to black the music and the pace of cutting would suggest throughout the piece.

A fine respectful tribute to the "Titanic" and its people.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2012 03:12 PM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus, Tkns for your comments and obviously you are a good judge of compiling and editing film\video as you are right it did take some time to piece this together but i did want to try and get my feelings across (small as it may be) on not only the Titanic, but on the 'Titanic loss of life and sorrow' that came from this great disaster. I was inspired to make the Video on this its 100th Anniversary and im touched that you say its a nice respectful tribute to Titanic and its people. I put my hand up and say that most of the elements in the Video were plucked from U Tube but re edited including the music which i got from some 'New age' tracks and broke it up throughout the video. I needed to be happy with the final music mix so that it best fitted out the video. I did clip the end a bit short and tkns for pointing this out..

Desmond

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 16, 2012 02:45 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! Great video Desmond. I watched it 3 times. I also shared it on Facebook. Thanks for sharing it here.

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2012 02:01 PM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Cameron eat your heart out! Thanks Pasquale for your comment and im happy that you could share it on facebook..

Desmond.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC