8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 01, 2012 05:15 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week came across the "Blu-ray" version and its brilliant. "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" from 1968 must be one of the most well known and famous car ever. The quality of the Blu-ray in both picture and sound is excellent and is well worth getting. Its timeless fun [Smile]
 -
 -
I can hear all of you thinking the "tune"...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.....Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.....Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.....and so on and on...catchy eh! [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 01, 2012 08:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better that than "It's a small world" (after all...)

I lived well into adulthood without ever seeing "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", then I got 1) a child and 2) A minivan.

Even after that I only heard it for months because it was playing on the video screen in the back seat of the minivan and I was driving it. Eventually the tape came in the house and I actually saw it.

-Up until then it was if Dick Van Dyke had a radio show!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 01, 2012 10:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 16mm flat print of Chitty. Love those Sherman Brothers songs.....
Very interesting that the James Bond folks wanted to make a musical for children!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 02, 2012 12:05 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and yet it still has an awesome custom car, a bad guy with an accent and a gorgeous (albeit virginal) woman!

"No Professor Potts, I vant you to die!"

When my son was watching this basically daily (he was three at the time) I tried to find something "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" on Super-8. He'll be ten this summer and I still haven't seen a thing.

--------------------

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 02, 2012 12:13 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The book was written by Ian Fleming and the rights to make the film were sold with the James Bond rights.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 02, 2012 03:28 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost sure there was a promo reel released of this film
Steve,as for seeing the movie,like "The Sound of Music" I think
I've won,so far and remained blissfully unaware.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 02, 2012 04:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Plus Gert Fröbe played both Baron Bomburst und Auric Goldfinger.

I guess Sean Connery as Professer Potts just wasn't meant to be!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2012 10:04 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And of course, the screenplay by Roald Dahl, who also wrote the screenplay for "You Only Live Twice"....and Ken Adam on production design....and Desmond Llewelyn makes a brief appearance, of course. Anyone ever see the stage play? It sent me straight back to my childhood!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 08, 2012 10:09 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Thunderbird Films released a Super 8mm trailer for Chitty.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2012 11:18 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Doug,it isn't the song I have in my head,its D V Dykes accent,hilarious absolutely bloody hilarious,(no offence meant to our American cousins)

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 08, 2012 12:51 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
They sure did Doug Trailer reel#174 ; CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG,
STORY OF ROBIN HOOD, PETER PAN, DAVY CROCKET-KING OF THE
WILD FRONTIER.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2012 02:36 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They did but the quality of Thunderbird releases was not good. This reel was not bad at all and have this in my collection.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 09, 2012 01:34 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin,did you get your thunderbird reels from Regent Film
in Blackpool ?

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2012 02:26 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh no, I bought the reel off the bring and buy stall on one of the conventions proberly late 70's. The Chitty trailer is not full length, but the others are. Very good quality print for Thunderbird release. Regent films was a great place to buy films and have had many seconhand prints from them. The one's that I still have is the Sherlock Holmes reel that is a production short for The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes. Very good short, and the Scrooge production trailer for the 1970 version. Again full marks and very good prints on both. I do miss Regent Films.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC