8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » FILMS YOU WISH YOU HAD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: FILMS YOU WISH YOU HAD
Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2012 06:32 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, can you please tell me why this print is "rare"? I honestly don't know.

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2012 11:53 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pan, no fair you are going for the lost ones......In that case I'd want WINE. The Clara Bow film was released on 8mm kodascope in the UK in the 1930's.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 30, 2012 04:08 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay,

I have no idea. I know little about Super 8.

I just copied directly from Foster's website.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2012 09:13 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,when I first saw the title listed in Gerald McKee's book "A Half Century of Film Collecting",as having been released for the home market, I thought it was a mistake.But when a few years later I found it listed in the 1938 8mm Kodascope catalogue (the same as yours,scanned for the Prelinger Archives),well...perhaps there is hope! And since the part-talkie version has been found and restored....and since film archives search for all gauges,except 8 mm,....and since in recent years I have found several 8mm titles that were listed only in those '30es catalogues (again, thanks to the Prelinger Archives)... who knows?
Anything is lost, until it is found !!!!!! You may someday find WINE and I find MODERN LOVE!

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2012 09:50 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
How about theses Roy Rogers
In 16mm film
IN OLD CHEYENNE
SUNSET IN ELDORADO

BILLY THE KID RETURNS
NIGHTIME IN NEVADA

YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS

SOUTH OF SANTA FE
YOUNG BILL HICKOK

And of course
Harvey James Stewart

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 30, 2012 12:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to much for that "It's A Wonderful Life", personal opinion however.

I notice that most of the "most desried" films are in the classics, silents on up to about the 60's or so. Interesting.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2012 12:24 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had Doug Meltzer's Film Prints --
Then I wouldn't wish I had any in particular because he has every Title ever released on Super 8mm! [Wink]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2012 01:02 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, you are not going to like this, but i just threw away about 20 Roy Rogers features on 16mm because of severe vinegar syndrome (including I think some of the titles you list)

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2012 01:13 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe many of the Roy Rogers titles were shortened before being printed for television. If so, then its not so tragic. Can someone confirm whether or not the titles were slightly edited? I seem to remember hearing years ago that they were. If true, then at least Republic didn't edit their other features to shorten their running times for television...

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 30, 2012 01:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
two films im looking out for on my wish list
the silence of the lambs
the warriors full length, or Part one of the full length feature.

I see there is a copy of the warriors on ebay curruntly titled the warriors feature film but it is the 3 x 400 which i alrerady have. [Wink]

[ July 01, 2012, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2012 01:56 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Dino
OUCH
Double OUCH OUCH
If they were uncut.
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2012 06:57 PM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The complete Marx Brothers film DUCK SOUP

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 05, 2012 01:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keeps your fingers crossed. There were very few prints made, but "Duck Soup", as a super 8 feature, does exist!

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 05, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who released DUCK SOUP as a Super 8 feature?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 06, 2012 12:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember who released, but it has been mentioned before, and I think on this forum. If Doug or someone else can look back in the "days gone by" on this forum, I'm sure that they can find the reference.

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2012 02:03 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Villarino!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 06, 2012 03:05 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Panayotis,is that the same Steve Villarino from Redondo
Beach?

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2012 03:17 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Do you know his whereabouts today?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 07, 2012 04:09 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent a clue,I only ever bought one film from him,back in the
early eighties and that was the optical sound version of the
feature "FLASH GORDON",unfortunately the first third of the
film was missing,but no mention of that at the time, just a piece
of advice when I questioned it,"I could always splice on the
trailer on the front of what I had",which I understand was usuall for him.A conman.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2012 11:38 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Albert Finney version of "Scrooge" on Super 8. A 16mm print always goes for such a big amount whenever I see it. I always wished a digest on either 1X400' or 3X400' was printed. I know "Portrait Of Jennie" is out there (always wondered if it included the final green-tinted footage and the final color shot of the portrait in the final reel) "The Ghost And Mrs. Muir" with Rex Harrison on Super 8 (also wished a digest was made). Digests of "Son Of Dracula", "A&C Meet The Killer, Boris Karloff", "The Canterville Ghost" (the Laughton version), "Luck Of The Irish" (Tyrone Power classic), "Miracle On 34th Street", "Dracula Has Risen From The Grave", "Evil Of Frankenstein" and finally "Excalibur". All, of course, on Super 8 with collectible boxes.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2012 01:17 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want one 1910 short back I sold a couple years ago. Super rare Gaston Méliès film ===Under The Stars And Bars===

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 15, 2012 12:40 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

It's on one of the new films lists that just came out. I don't remember which though [Confused]

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2012 07:28 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charge of the Light Brigade; on S8 full feature.....

--------------------
Yannis

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2012 08:04 AM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cecil B. De Mille's 'Ten Commandments' on 16mm, 2nd choice would have to be 'Ben Hur' (on 16mm) My question is were these
prints ever released on 16mm?

Desmond

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2012 09:08 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Desmond,
I remember seeing "The Ten Commandments" available for hire in the Rank Film Library 16mm catalogue back in the late '70s. And someone on ebay was selling an odd reel of the film a few years ago in the US. It was an IB Tech print and the screen shots looked stunning.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC