8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Wrath of the Titans ... any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wrath of the Titans ... any good?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 27, 2012 12:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is "Wrath of the Titans"?

I know it's a big CGI type thing, but I actually enjoyed much of the first film, (that remake of Clash of the Titans from a year or two ago), and so, I'm hoping for a fun film.

After all, it has Liam Neeson!

I did prefer the remake to the 1980 original. The 1980 original was OK, but the stop motion just kind of took me out of the "reality" (so to speak) of the situations. That, and that damned stupid owl character of the original.

They made a reference to the owl in the remake, he sees the owl and says, "What's this?", and the other character says "Leave it!" Funny!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 27, 2012 12:45 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that good. Some things should be left alone. [Wink]

[ June 28, 2012, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 27, 2012 05:17 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's be honest Osi, people will still be watching the stop motion
classics long after these insipid,colourless "remakes" are long,
and perhaps best, forgotten.Their so called heroes speak in the
modern idiom,and if that doesn't dispell belief,nothing will.For
all the so called sophistication of up to the mark technology,they
come across with all the polish of a childs chalk drawing,two
dimentional and crap.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2012 03:14 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true and despite the limitations of the past stop motion films I still think that these classics will remain more than the newer one's. So Hugh have total agreement on your comment. The new technical 3D one's may be shown with the high price Multiplex admissions. But wil be lost and forgotten compared with the film classics too much to list here.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC