8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » YES the album covers!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YES the album covers!
Julie Geisler
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2012 07:02 PM      Profile for Julie Geisler   Email Julie Geisler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Grandad also collected albums from 1900-1960 some are very rare and I was saying the albums them selfs were just like new but the covers have some wear!! Sorry for the confusion. If you do know where I can post those I would appreciate the help with that as well!!!
Thank you,
Julie

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 04, 2012 11:38 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Julie, as you are also with Ebay, just try to list there.

But as I also vinyl collectors, I can say that those Classic and box set are pretty less value. My negihborhodd thrift stores have these kind of music for years without any sell.

--------------------
Winbert

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2012 02:10 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Winbert said, they are not usually worth much, I've seen stacks of them at estatee sales that just don't sell. They can also be very fragile and can break easily during shipment. What do you have? If it's common stuff they are not worth much but if you have some rare old blues or jazz they may have some value.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 05, 2012 10:55 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Julie,If I were you,rather than let your records go for very little,
would it not be a better idea to ID them and advertise in a music
magazine,for collectors of vinyl.

Julie Geisler
Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2012 04:21 AM      Profile for Julie Geisler   Email Julie Geisler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will look into these great ideas for sure. Thank you all for the help.
Julie

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC