8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Kodak Address Digital Problem With Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak Address Digital Problem With Film
Jerome Sutter
Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2012 12:07 PM      Profile for Jerome Sutter   Email Jerome Sutter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found this interesting article about how bad digital is for storage. And the solution is: FILM!

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2012/09/07/kodak-address-digital-problem-with.html?page=all

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 01:04 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well spotted Jerome, and a very intresting article,although it still
doesn't look too good for Kodak.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 01:39 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerome

Thanks for that link it was very interesting, I do hope Kodak push that kind of thinking into the domestic market a lot more than they have in the past, as most folk are not aware that film is the only thing, using slides, Super8, 16mm etc, that you can guarantee will still be around to view in 50 years or so time....education is the key.

Graham.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 03:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerome

Terrific article. Thanks for the link. Too bad it's 20 years too late. or maybe not?

PatD

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 03:48 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who needs a reminder as to what the world owes Eastman Kodak, need only run the excellent tribute to film Pieces of Silver through their projector.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 12, 2012 02:30 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

After buying "Pieces Of Silver" from Derann on Super8 I was so impressed I did something I had never done before, and bought a new print on 16mm from Derann. Although very expensive, it was a film I thought was worth it. I like the baby on the lawn right at the end, which sums up the range of film product that "Kodak" once produced.

Graham.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC