8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Our Ernemann 2 Projector on You Tube

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Ernemann 2 Projector on You Tube
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 23, 2012 02:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks I finally made it on the old Ernie, all six minutes of it. Its up there on you-tube just watched it, but cant figure out to link it to the forum [Roll Eyes] ...a bit lost in that department. If somebody could do this it would be much appreciated.

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2012 05:41 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

What did you call the clip? I can't find it on YouTube.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 23, 2012 05:58 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

I can't find it either [Confused] Send me or post the name of the video so one of us can post the link. If you have a username we might need that to subscribe to your videos. This is a big event I have been waiting for over a year [Big Grin]

PatD

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 23, 2012 06:30 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My user name is, grahamritchie78...hope that helps.

Regards Graham. [Smile]

PS. There is a number on the front "VTS 011" I dont know what that is [Roll Eyes] ..but the name should be "Ernemann2,35mm projector"....Its the fist time I have put something on you-tube. I have also linked it to favorites on the computor....here is hoping....thanks.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 23, 2012 06:53 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Graham

I tried all combinations and can't find it. Here's what I suggest. Got the the video, launch it. Then cut the URL htt:// etc. Then paste in on your posting in the forum.

Pat

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2012 06:57 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This could be why it's not showing up yet:

quote:
Depending on site traffic, changes to video information can take 8 hours or more to show up in the search index after they've been uploaded, changed, or removed. This includes changes to tags, ratings, views, and comments. Please be patient -- the video will show in the search index shortly. To bypass this time, you may want to send your friends the link of the video via email or private message.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 24, 2012 01:30 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat.

I thought I would send it direct to your e-mail address straight from our computer, but it did not work. [Frown] Tried also to forward it on from you-tube, that did not work either.

But....what I did, was to send it to myself...then send it on to you, and that looks like its worked... third time lucky... well hopefully.

Bryan would be right, that it needs time, however in the meantime if anyone wants to see it just send me your e-mail address so I will forward that link on to you, just like Pat.

This has been a learnng curve thats for sure [Eek!]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 24, 2012 04:08 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Here's the link for all to enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Y5W57V25E&feature=em-share_video_user

Terrific , awesome, superb, oscar material. I just love Ernie's sound. It purrs like a kittken. Makes less noise than some 16mm machines.It must feel great to thread that up and listen to it in person. You should be proud Graham. You may have lost a job but you gained a great friend forever! Thanks forthe video.

PatD

[ October 25, 2012, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2012 08:54 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pasquale simple magnificent we need this every day...
this,s cinema allways,i admire these fellas with room to get this set up,it,s amizing 35mm in private room

ergards;
luis caramelo

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 24, 2012 09:23 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luis

I agree with you fully. I think what Graham did is so inspiring. He can still enjoy what he did for a living in his own home. That to me, is totally fantastic. Plus, he runs some great films. If I lived near him he would tire of seeing me because I would be there all the time. I'm very happy for him and his family. I thought the video was terrific. Especially when his boy pulled the lever and started the show!

PatD [Eek!]

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2012 12:20 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, Graham!

After hearing about the old beastie and seeing stills, it's great to see it in action, Dolby and all [Smile]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 24, 2012 03:50 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone.

It a pity we all didn't live a lot closer, with so much film and projectors that everyone has we could have some brilliant film evenings. [Cool]

Now I have got the hang of this you-tube thing, I would like to follow that video clip with with one of the Ernie using the platter this time, I think you would find the platter side of things and how it works with the projector of interest.

Once again thanks very much for your comments.

Regards Graham. [Smile]

Matt McBride
Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2012 10:17 PM      Profile for Matt McBride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked your setup Graham. What type of light source are you using? You mentioned platters, which brand do you have? It is a shame not living close we could loan our 35mm prints to each other for some serious movies nights [Smile] It too bad that I recently moved into a place that I can't really use my stuff right now, it just sits lonely in a room, being turned on occasionally.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 25, 2012 12:15 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Matt

The lamp I am using now, is 36v 400watt, previous to that it was a 24v 300watt, as pictured below "same socket".
 -
It may not look like much but the light output with the 400watt is good. On you-tube video, the screen brightness looks a bit on the dull side, but the screen image is a lot brighter than shown on the video.

The platter I use is the Alpha A5 "five deck" They were all heading for scrap when the cinema closed. To be honest I never thought of using it again. I was just going to use 6000ft reels. My wife thought along with just about everyone else I was "nuts" taking them, also the "A3" as well. As you know they take up a lot of room, The five deck is brilliant in its use and I am glad I took it. [Smile]
 -
This is where they came from, in the twelve years projecting there I dont think we could have run that place without them.

There was also a five deck Christie in the system, so with up to twelve different features that could be running in different cinemas, "three screens" in one day the platters were invaluable.

Anyway enough rambling [Roll Eyes] this is its new home at the back of the garage.
 -

Regards Graham. [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2012 12:24 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham
Oh how i envy those of you that have the space for a 35mm set up..I have the films, the gear, everything but the space....But you have made a beautiful short film there and I applaud you! ! !! ! [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Matt McBride
Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2012 10:12 AM      Profile for Matt McBride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting the pics Graham, I like the setup in the garage. I want to actually try that myself but I am worried about the heat during the summer here. I don't want to ruin my stuff. I myself have a strong AP3 platter system. My lamphouse is a Christie SLC 30 with a LP power supply as when I got it, it has a 3 phase source, which of course I have no use for. So I dumped the LP and I use a 1000 watt xenon. My projector is a Christie P35GP, though as I was running a print yesterday for exercise, the chatting in the ultramittent unfortunately started, so I dunno if it is on the way out the door and needs replacing. How long did it take you to modify the garage? Since we'll at this house only temporarily, I dunno if it will be worth it to modify the garage.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 25, 2012 03:26 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dino.

Matt, there are some photos on "Screening room Pictures" on this forum. It took years to get it like this, with most of the work carried out by ourselves, thats the only way money wise we could have done it. I hope yourself Matt, and others here have the chance to one day build something, a wee home cinema of your own. I have been very very lucky to get this chance and hope others can get enjoyment out of it as much as we do.

Graham.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 25, 2012 06:49 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Of course you will be posting a video of "The Platters"!
[Big Grin]

PatD

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 26, 2012 10:46 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat

Its in pre-production [Cool] [Smile]

Graham.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2012 09:42 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, always a pleasure to read, see, and view your happenings! I too wish you weren't so far away and we could saunter over for a summer evening's fun. Thank you for posting these, and looking forward to the platter production!

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 04:15 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive had the great honour of being able to go and watch some films in Graham's cinema and is a really great set-up, last film I saw there was BRAINSTORM [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 30, 2012 04:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill and Pat

Thanks...hope to do something on it soon.

Regards Graham [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 06, 2013 12:09 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the you-video just hit a 1000 views [Eek!] and no negative comments that you often get on the internet.

The old video camera gave up a while ago [Frown] but to my surprise my wife allowed me to buy a cheap Panasonic HD 1080 camera that uses a memory card...so hope to make a short you-tube video soon but this time showing the platter working as well.

The thing with all this modern camera stuff is that its all so SMALL [Eek!] ...

Graham [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC