8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Paypal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paypal
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 01:31 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone on this forum tell me how this works,it is supposed to be easy but so far it's a nightmare to pay for an item.

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 01:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's absolutely invaluable to me. You are registered and have a card registered? It's just to enter email address to recipient, amount and currency. Type of payment for me is often eBay, but sometimes I use goods. After that it's just Next mostly. There is however differences in where you are, as I tried to send money as gift, but that option is not available to me in Norway. Where are you in the process? If you are new, I think you might have to enter a code from your transaction (they draw a small amount that you get refunded) and that can take a couple of days.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 02:05 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well so far Vidar,I am unimpressed.The seller specified buyers
had to have a Paypal acc. which I now have and thought when the
relevant clicks were made, the transaction was complete,not so.
I haven't the faintest idea where to go from here, and feel this is just a slow, complicated routine to buy something.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 02:12 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not getting any message or anything?

I know I had to wait the first time I used it for that code on your transaction. Can I ask how much it is? If you have some stuff to sell, I could do the PayPal transacion for you ... If it's a lot, I can't afford it now

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 02:37 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
That is very kind of you Vidar and thankyou very much for the
offer but I'll try and sort this mess out.It was just a simple matter
of purchasing a dvd that has turned into a total nightmare.It is
far better remaining a guest payer of Paypal and life is so much
simpler.I have been in touch with the seller who is awaiting
payment,which I thought was done automatically.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2012 07:02 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only time I have ever had troubles with it is when didn't type the email address correctly and one case where the seller gave me his email to send payment to...and HE had a missing letter.

Most all the time there is an invoice or pay here button and I personally have never had an issue with the automated stuff...

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 07:38 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Wayne,I finally sorted out the problem by going back to history
and retracing the steps and paying direct rather than logging
into Paypal and typing email addresses which I didn't have
anyway.Life was so much easier with a telephone & card number.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 05:17 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are buying an item on ebay and the seller asks for payment via PayPal it is indeed only a matter of a few clicks.

The only input you need to make is to type in your PayPal password, from then on just click at the appropriate places.

Your bank account, however, may not indicate the payment for a couple of days after the transaction.

If you are buying from an on-line seller and wish to use PayPal you will need his email address to affect the payment, but many sellers will send you a PayPal invoice if you request it. Then, the paying is the same as settling an ebay invoice.

I assume that Hugh is fully registered with Paypal, and his bank account has been confirmed by them.

--------------------
Maurice

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 06:16 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,yes I'm registered,it's just that the seller didn't send
an invoice with an email address, so it threw me.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is fairly easy to use, but if you are ever paying for anything (outside of ebay) by all means, send the money to the person using "gift' as the specification, because paypal won't take money out of a "gift', but they'll take a nice little chunk out of any other form of payment, and if you are sending a lot of money, it can be a rather big bite.

I once had a person buy a film that was just over a thousand dollars from overseas and I got a shipping quote for them and so, not thinking of this problem I mailed off the total but when they sent they're payment, the paypal bite took nearly every penny of the blasted shipping! Grrrr!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 02:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, when we send money with any means there would always be fees paid. In Canada sending money overseas through banking system will cost $45 for the fee no matter how much money you send.

Paypal take the fees based on the percentage which I believe around 2.5%. So If I am sending $100, I only pay $2.5 compared to $45 through banking system.

So for payment method off Ebay I always ask the buyer to pay "full amount", meaning seller pay the fees. Otherwise I will increase the shipping cost to compensate the balance since I never inflate the shipping cost.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC