8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ramayan Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ramayan Blu-ray
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 07:07 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got this DVD from forum member Laksmi Breathwaite. Now I'm not much at writing film reviews but I am going to give my honest opinion about the movie that was produced, directed, and stars John Phillip Law (Barbarella) and our forum member Laksmi Breathwaite. He is of course under an AKA name that of which I will let you figure out if you see the film.

This is a syfy with special effects rivaled by Star Wars and the like. Since I am not much at writing reviews I am posting some pics from the film. One is a breakdown of the storyline and the making of the film. I think you will find it an interesting read, And if you get a DVD from Laksmi and view it you will not be disappointed.

-

-

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2013 11:35 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Pat for a beautiful review and comments on my film. This film could have not been ever made with out the advice and inspiration from my friendship with the Producer Ray Harryhausen. And I had help from his director Gordon Hessler and the late John Phillip Law (Golden Voyage of Sinbad). I first originally wanted Ray to produce the Indian Classic and he was really into it. He thought that the creatures,Gods,and mythological beings would be fantastic and work well in stop motion format. But it turned out that unfortunately he wanted to retire and talked me into do in it. So I talked a millionaire Indian Hindu Doctor to put up 1 million dollars which was 10 million in India. Anyway after that it all came together and we went to India with cast and some crew. I had a very great Indian crew and they had worked on many Indian Epics like Gandhi and Passage To India etc. All I did was sit back and watched the guys do their thing. It was wonderful and India was beautiful with their Palaces and Temples. Animal life was everywhere,Lions ,and Tigers an Bears oh my. After a fantastic time in India it was time to go back to the States. And do all the CGI and visual effects.. I had made some contacts with the guys who worked on CGI improvements on Star Wars and the director Gordon Hessler (Golden Voyage) was a great help. When the film was finished I had a premerie at the Directors Guild in Hollywood with Gordon Hessler's help.  -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2013 05:46 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like any one of the forum members to comment on my movie here is the link to the trailer . http://youtu.be/cm1fskAJtPg

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2013 01:17 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Laksmi,

Where can I see the complete film, are DVD's available?

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2013 12:33 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pasquale DAlessio has a DVD he will lend it to you or make a copy. And anyone who wants to see it contact Pat.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 20, 2013 01:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would LOVE to get this movie someday, (when finances persist, we have 20 some dollars in savings, THANK GOD for the tax return coming!).

Laksmi, this is such a wonderful labor of love! I watched the trailer and the costume work was divine. The film is as colorful as that poster for the movie. Many congratulations at following a film form beginning to end and having it completed.
By the way, super cool that you could get John Phillip Law to be in it. I always liked him!

Now where is that damned script ... ? [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC