8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 70mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 70mm
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2013 06:46 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could get here 70mm

I hope to visit here though Widescreen

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 02:48 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was last year at the Widescreen weekend in Bradford.
It was the best Cinema experience in my live to watch How the west was won and The wonderfull world of Brothers Grimm in realy technicolor 3 panal Cinerama.
I missed This is Cinerama.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 03:12 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be a real great experience, Oemer!

Very lucky indeed! [Smile]

Flavoi

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2013 10:40 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio, it was every penny worth to travel to Bradford.
I try to fly to Bradford this year too.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2013 11:55 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer I was lucky to see How the West was won and a few other classic cinerama films at the Cinerama dome in Hollywood a few years ago and it was great. Long live Cinerama!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 25, 2013 01:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
70MM is so rare these days. Very VERY rarely, an old 70MM trailer will show up on the ebay, (most of them, sadly, faded red), but I'm almost tempted to buy one, just so I can say I own a bit of ole 70MM! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2013 04:54 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Laksmi,
I hope I can watch one day a Cinerama show in the Cinerama Doom in LA.
Last weekend I watched old photos, from 1999 as we spent our holidays in Canada and USA.
Unfortunately I didnīt know the Cinerama Doom at this time.
Also I stand in front of the Chinese theater, they played Star Wars Episode 1 and I was a fool because I didnīt watched a show.
We stayed 3 weeks in North America but only 2 days in LA and 4 days in Las Vegas (your home town), we got married in graceland chappel, maybe you know it?

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2013 11:30 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what is to be shown yet? They announce it 7th March. Think "The Great Escape" is on, but in 2k digital. Keeping my eye out would really like to go. Only 1 hour drive from me too.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2013 02:48 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Full program here :

http://www.in70mm.com/pictureville/2013/index.htm

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2013 02:15 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi-I was there at the Cinerama showing of How the West was Won but I believe it was last year. Was that the one? It was really great. Maybe next time Oemer you will be able to catch a Cinerama presentation.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2013 03:20 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Larry,
I watched last year in Bradford "How the West was won" and "The Wonderfull world of Brothers Grimm" in real Cinerama. I wish I can see this one day in Cinerama Doom in LA too.

I wanted travel to Bradford this year too, but I donīt know if it is worth.
This year is no screening of "How the west was won" and no "This is Cinerama" in 3 stripe Cinerama.
"Cinerama Holiday" is only a 2K digital presentation. I watched last year "South see Adventure" in 2K, I was disapointed because this was like only a very good 35mm print but not like a Cinerama print.
Brothers Grimm is worth to see it and maybe "How to marry a millionaire" But I have my self a near mint 35mm Technicolor print of the Marilyn Monroe feature in my collection. So it is not worth for me this year to pay so much money only for one feature.
The other 70mm prints are ok, but we have lot of screenings here in germany.
I hope they show next year again "HTWWW", this is realy great.
But if you never saw "Brothers Grimm", it is worth to see it. It is a very sharp beatiful technicolor print

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2013 11:31 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But if you never saw "Brothers Grimm", it is worth to see it. It is a very sharp beatiful technicolor print (And the only one left)

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2013 12:28 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thats true. Thanks John Mitchell
Cinerama Home Theater
Someone from the Media Museum told me last year that they have now 3 prints of "How the West Was Won".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC