8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Royal Mail Changes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Royal Mail Changes
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 03, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The British Royal Mail made many changes as from 2nd April 2013. I suggest our British members pop into their local Post Office and pick up a copy of Royal Mail's "Our Prices."

There are now three different ways of sending mail within the UK, 1) UK Guaranteed, 2) UK Confirmed and 3) UK Standard.

On the reverse of the leaflet we have 1) International Confirmed, 2) International Standard. This latter is further broken down to Royal Mail Airmail and Royal Mail Surface Mail.

There are many sub-divisions and many extra services offered.

As it says: "Welcome to your handy pricing guide."

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 03, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It's high time that our Postal Service was acknowledged as just
that, a service. There is far too much emphasis on profit margins
and production figures. The Royal Mail can function quite efficiently without foreign interference.We did invent it after all.
Whenever there's a "handy guide", you can bet your boots,it's
going to cost the consumer.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2013 07:35 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder does anyone realise that the UK post office have a device that pumps air into letters that makes them bigger so they can surcharge you. A little political perhaps in the UK the party in power at the moment have "If it works for everyone. Let's break it and sell it off"

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 03, 2013 09:15 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I could'nt agree more David, the people in charge won't be happy until everything that was to be proud of in Britain is in foreign
hands. A great pity that Robert Catesby & Guido Fawkes failed
in their mission.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC