8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Jonathan Winters is gone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jonathan Winters is gone
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 12, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, you know what film I'll be watching tonight in his memory...

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 12, 2013 04:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming? [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 12, 2013 06:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's the Big Dubbya, I tell ya!"

He was one of a kind for sure!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2013 09:37 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a MAD MAD WORLD ?

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 13, 2013 01:16 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a shame.....I watched The Russians are Coming on the VP just the other week.

Graham.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 13, 2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan Winters was one of those old school comedians that didn't have to dip into the cesspool to be funny, no organs in cherry pies, for instance ...

No, Jonathan Winters, as stated earlier, was a one of a kind fellow, genuinely funny and very quick at the change from one character to another.

I remember a 60 minutes report on Jonathan and Robin Williams was involved in it, as Robin was VERY fond of Jonathan, and it's not hard to see why. Just like Jonathan, Robin can switch from one character to another, but yet again, Jonathan didn't need to dip into the cess-pool (as Robin often does, though he is still quite hilarious.

In the hour long documentary about "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World", they have a bit with Jonathan and he gives ou a taste of his comic wit that I always enjoyed and, as he was proud to say ...

" Your child-like ... yeah leave me alone ... "

He could go from the naughty little boy to an old granny character just that quick.

I have always loved Jonathan, sadly, one less tru funny man in the world. Rest in Peace, dear Jonathan!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan A. Caprio
Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Dan A. Caprio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood Squares.. [Confused]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC