8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Battle Beyond the Stars Blu-ray MAGNIFICENT!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Battle Beyond the Stars Blu-ray MAGNIFICENT!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 20, 2013 12:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping that this would be released on blu-ray in a restored state, and "SHOUT" video has done so, and magnificently so!

The image they have produced makes the film look, quite frankly, much better than it originally did, there are still just a few little flakes and slight scratch marks here and there, but it is a significant imporvement over the collectors edition DVD that was released years ago, which still has fun camp value, but I was always annoyted that Roger Corman couldn't have allowed a better source print to be used.

Nice extras, (more than originally offered on the other DVD). Please no0te, that blu-ray is the 30th anniversary edition. It's hard to believe that it has been 30 years!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 20, 2013 05:04 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched it, still very enjoyable. And Sybil Danning in her black spadex slashed suit is sweet to the eyes...
(And the main spaceship with tits is a treat).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 21, 2013 08:57 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After watching the sample footage of the Bluray restoration, (you can watch some of it on the amazon.com page for it), I thought I'd look up that topic on you tube to see if there were any rarities about it, and there was footage of both John Saxon and Sybil Danning at some sci-fi or comic convention in 2011.

My GAWD! Sybil is still so danged hot, I am not kidding! Someone should put up a link to that you tube video. It's a nice 8 minute interview with the two!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC