8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » UK Imports From USA May Attract VAT (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: UK Imports From USA May Attract VAT
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, in the UK, milk, nappies etc are paid for by the parents
not the state, schools are funded through the tax payer, but
anyone wishing to attend University or any further education
must fund it themselves, which is only fair.

|  IP: Logged

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2013 11:21 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh. I now qualify to be PM Where Eagles Dare is one of my Favs followed by Kelly's Heroes. Now that would solve all our problems.

I would of course have to perform The Great Escape and do the Triple Cross. What shall I call this perhaps Operation Crossbow maybe Operation Amsterdam, so I get diamonds too. How would I get out? by The Train or Von Ryan's Express would be good, or The Cruel Sea but I would have to Run Silent, Run Deep. Maybe better to Reach For The Sky.

No matter how its The Longest Day and if Went The Day Well I could have a lager Ice Cold In Alex.

I hope I can getaway or will they send The Dirty Dozen after me, but it will take From Here To Eternity to find me because I'll hide at the home of Mrs Miniver.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 11:22 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
EXCELLENT!!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 05:30 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
in the UK, milk, nappies etc are paid for by the parents
not the state,

Here is in Canada, those things are also paid by the parents but parents get some sort of money to raise the baby given every tax year. I don't know how much because I am an expatriate here. But I thought UK has the same policy since Canada might had copied the policy from the UK as a member of commenwealth country.

School is always free here, and local university pay only one-third of international students.

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 23, 2013 06:46 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
There is what is known as family allowance, where a set sum is
paid to couples with children,but it is usually spent on anything but. As far as I'm aware this is financed through National Insurance contributions and not tax.

[ April 24, 2013, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Hugh Thompson Scott ]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC