8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A Quiz that will make you Ponder...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Quiz that will make you Ponder...
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2013 02:01 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PART ONE:
What is a film or television show that when you first saw it you liked it a great deal but today you simply cannot stand to view again anymore? Did you have a print and subsequently sell it?

PART TWO:
What is a film or television show that you own that you absolutely never get tired of viewing again and again?

PART THREE:
What film or television show that you own do you watch when you need to feel better that always works for you?

Since everyone has their own likes and dislikes, the responses should be quite interesting!
[Smile]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 06, 2013 12:58 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,interesting questions, if I may I'll divide the TV stuff to DVD
P.1 A TV show I liked, but went off would be "Lost In Space".
A film would be "What's Up Tiger Lily" S/8. Quickly sold.

P.2.A TV show I never tire of, I'll pick two, "Lovejoy" & "I, Claudius"
In the film catagory it would be anything by Ray Harryhausen.

P.3 a TV show that always cheers me up would be Phil Silvers
in "Bilko".
In the film catagory anything by the "Carry On" team.

David M. Ballew
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 12:51 AM      Profile for David M. Ballew   Email David M. Ballew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Seinfeld religiously in first run. I more or less ignore it in reruns.

Films I could watch again and again and again: The Kid Brother (1926), House of Wax (1953), The Blob (1958), Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, The Great Escape, and The Omega Man.

Two of my great pick-me-up movies are Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein.

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 02:51 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Happy Days.

2) Everybody Loves Raymond.

3) Almost any Cary Grant comedy. Nobody before or after has done it as well.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 03:05 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) "The OC"

2) "Black Books", "Allo Allo" and "Fawlty Towers".

3) Anything with John Cleese in it or Graham Linehan on it.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 03:12 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its interesting that some of the answers are heavily influenced by where the person lives. While it makes sense, with international distribution and syndication its nonetheless worth noting.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC