8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Oklahoma tornado

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oklahoma tornado
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 21, 2013 01:47 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to say you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 21, 2013 01:49 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen to that Lee.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 21, 2013 01:59 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second that,terrible times for those people, and totally powerless in the face of mother nature.I watched on the news
the heartwarming tale an elderly lady was recounting, of how she
was sitting cuddling her little dog when the disaster hit, and her
pet had gone missing,she was calling his name while searching through the devastation that was her home, when lo and behold
the dog was alive under the rubble, fit and well.At this point I had
to search out the Kleenex. I think that recognition be given to the brave school teachers looking after the children in their care.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 22, 2013 01:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely sad losses there.

However, considering the widespread destruction, (which takes your breathe away, seeing those helicopter shots), it's amazing that there weren't a lot more deaths involved.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2013 10:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a good friend who lives in Oklahoma. I am pleased to report he e-mailed me this morning that he is fine and there is only minor damage to his property, broken tree limbs and such.

So, good news for me and my friend but I feel for those who were not so fortunate.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Matt McBride
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2013 10:49 PM      Profile for Matt McBride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was crazy to see what it did. Watching it on weather channel, it didn't look like a tornado but just a wall of clouds.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC