8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hans Richter Exhibit and Star Trek 3D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hans Richter Exhibit and Star Trek 3D
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 28, 2013 07:11 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm spending the week in LA with my son. Yesterday we went to the LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) and saw a wonderful exhibit of Hans Richter's art and films. They were showing several excerpts of his films from the 1920's thru the 60's...total eye candy [Smile]

We then went to Universal City to see the new Star Trek movie in IMAX 3D. The movie was great...but I admit to a little 3D overload by the end.

-

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2013 08:14 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, good for you! Looks like you had a great time!

Curious if the rumors are true that the Universal Imax is now digital. They held out with film until very recently (Dark Knight was amazing) but are rumored to have succumbed. So the "original" Imax experience (as they used to advertise) would be history.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 28, 2013 09:13 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinema is history now then ... Masses of pixels replaces the warmth of reel film. Thankfully we still have our collection :-)

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 28, 2013 09:22 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Janice [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC