8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » No post on a Saturday in Australia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No post on a Saturday in Australia
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2013 11:35 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just talking to a collector friend in Australia, and I asked him if he had received my new lists yet, he said he hadn't but they only get mail deliveries Monday to Friday, well I was astonished, at least we here in the U.K. get a Saturday delivery in most areas of the country, and I wondered if Australia was an exception.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 01, 2013 01:31 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
If the Royal Mail gets privatised Barry,you won't get that in the UK!
THERE ISN'T A PRIVATE CARRIER THAT DELIVERS A FULL SIX DAYS.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2013 02:06 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But Hugh THEY WILL try to convince us its a better service. Remember 192 for a phone number. It used to be free. The 'service' was improved now costs a couple of quid.

I said in an earlier post in film terms.

If the Royal Mail is sold it will be a "Robbery" also the campaign "Don't Lose Your Head" will start. I feel it would be "A Bridge Too Far", and lead to "When Corruption Was King".

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2013 02:33 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right. No mail here on Saturdays, not even couriers.
New Zealand gets Saturday mail, however.

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2013 07:39 AM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Saturday mail delivery here in Canada for many years. Alex.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 02, 2013 07:44 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan is right mail is still delivered on Saturday, but these days its mostly bills [Frown]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 02, 2013 02:17 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The powers that be, "Cheating Cheaters" though they are David,but when there's no
"Postman's Knock" it won't be a red letter day,but a "Black Sunday" with no more "Postcards From the Edge", but "The Spoilers" in government will no doubt refer to it as "Mad Wednesday" in future, when "All That Money Can Buy" has meant
they didn't "Do the Right Thing", it wasn't "The Road To Utopia"
but the "Edge of Sanity", but then our Prime Minister is "The
Tragedy of A Ridiculous Man" only in it for the "Loot", "Bought"
for "A Fistful of Dollars".

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2013 09:34 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2013 10:38 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love it, adds fun to life, Fun with Dick and Jane and everything.

From the end of June to middle of August I don't care about the postal service, doing a Katharine Hepburn Cary Grant "Holiday" Let's hope its not "Mr. Bean's Holiday" though. Not good for films though, too hot.

I love film speak. You Hearnt heard nothing yet.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC