8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hey! I'm on MTV!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey! I'm on MTV!
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2013 09:35 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after all these years, I'm finally on MTV!(MTV.COM that is!)

Check out the article on my first Sci-Fi/Rock & Roll novel; BIG IN JAPAN on MTV.COM, if you get a chance! [Big Grin]

Thanks All!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/07/17/big-in-japan-timothy-price-interview/

|  IP: Logged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2013 07:25 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!!!!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 20, 2013 09:07 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Tim!!

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2013 02:12 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Congratulations!!

So how hard is it to write a novel Tim? I hear completing the first draft is a big deal of sorts. And then you had to collaborate as well, was this collaboration easier or harder?

I hear they are looking for writers to work on the sequel to 'Pacific Rim'. Wanna try? That's if you aren't all done with Kaijus. [Big Grin]

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2013 07:46 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Akshay!

Man, I had an absolute blast writing Big In Japan. The only collaborating was with the illustrator on my monster designs. (Which I think he knocked out of the park)

The hardest part about writing the book for me was tying everything together in the end. I throw everything AND the kitchen sink at everybody so that part was a bit tricky!

I've been on a book signing/selling tour and it looks as though I'll be going to Japan in the next few months to translate the book into Japanese, soI'll be sticking with Big In Japan for the next few years. Hopefully along with two more books, a CD and an animette to shop for a possible pilot in the very near future!

I enjoyed Pacific Rim and will be going to see it again this week, however I'm really pumped for the upcoming Godzilla film!

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2013 08:15 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, next few years are going to be busy for you. One question: How many years did it take you to write 'Big in Japan'?

While you are in Japan, what happens to your prints? I can safeguard and FilmGuard your *rare* Super 8 prints ..... for free!! Please, please take up my offer. [Big Grin]

I loved 'Pacific Rim' too! The trailers said 'Go Big or Go Extinct', so we dutifully watched it on IMAX the day of its release.

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 08:31 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Akshay!

It took a little over a year to write and 22 years to format it! [Wink]

I'm already on the 2nd book and their will be one more as well! ( Goin for that whole trilogy thang!)

Keep ya posted!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC