8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Mel Smith R.I.P.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mel Smith R.I.P.
Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2013 10:50 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just learned that comic actor Mel Smith has died of a heart attack at the age of 60.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 21, 2013 05:45 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
A very sad loss to the industry, I certainly miss Mel, his cheerie
potato face has made millions chuckle over the years, as well
as his pairing with Griff Rhys Jones in their "face offs" in "Smith& Jones", as well as being an accomplished actor in his own right.
Condolences to his Family.R.I.P.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2013 06:03 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one who never got to collect his pension.

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2013 07:12 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So true gentlemen, what a sad loss. How he filled us with laughter for many years. Let's hope we see some good tv tributes to him soon. RIP Mel.

--------------------
Ron

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2013 09:00 AM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Totally sad about Mel leaving... he's not that known on the continent, but since I discovered "Not the nine o'clock news" and "Alas Smith and Jones", I became a big fan. More personal favorites are his cameo in "European Vacation", and of course the brilliantly directed "The tall guy" (the british cut, that is).
Now rockin' around the heavenly Christmas tree... [Frown]

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 21, 2013 08:30 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ron , he also made an appearance in "Minder", I think it had
the title "A Star is Gorn", where he played man not to be crossed.
It's still come as a shock to me,although we think of these folks as
immortal, they are only us.

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2013 06:45 AM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never seen that one... a couple of months ago, there was a very funny NTNON-bit on 16mm for sale on ebay, called "I like trucking". I shouldn't have hesitated, but I didn't have a 16mm projector at the time, so I missed it...

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC