8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » TRAIN CRASH IN SPAIN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TRAIN CRASH IN SPAIN
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 25, 2013 08:14 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
On the recent news, the terrible Train crash in Spain, last count
70 odd dead, condolancies to these poor folks families, as are to
the good people of China that have undergone terrible earthquakes,

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 25, 2013 08:22 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh, I just saw the video of the crash on NBC Nightly News . The train is obviously going way too fast for that tight curve. Driver error?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 05:25 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has now been revealed that the driver was talking on a phone at the time of the crash.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 05:34 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that, but terrible bus crashes in Italy, and more train
fatalities in Switzerland, a train wreck in France, What's going on?
It might be a good idea if these train companies started employing
maintenance crews and track inspectors.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 04:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was pretty grim, its about time mobile phones were banned by anyone driving any kind of vehicle, in this country, (as i understand it) if a train driver is simply caught getting in his cab with a mobile hes suspended there and then,on my way home tonight i watched a twat in the car beside me hold up the traffic as he was too busy looking down at his phone to notice the cars in front had gone, These devices have a good use but until its an instant ban if caught using it in any car, bus or any mode of transport, (especially public service) then this is going to be a problem with people killed.
If it turns out it was definatly the driver on his mobile he should be locked up and key thrown away. Too many people have died because of this reason and its time to make people who get caught pay. I can have no sympathy for this driver IF this turns out to be the cause.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 02:58 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't agree more Tom.The Government could soon stamp it
out by putting a bounty on the phone user. The modern mobile that is capable of taking snaps,then let the Government fill its coffers by rewarding the snapper & fining the culprit.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 06:31 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reported a local builder for using a mobile while driving, it was an easy matter to verify my statement via Mobile Phone Tracking. Around 3 weeks later I saw him again on his phone. I just gave up.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 07:42 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why crime figures are "down" Robert, information isn't acted on,thus no convictions.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 08:03 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see this on the road virtually every week. Some Whizz Kid could probably come up with an immobilizer so that car and phone won't work at the same time, but then someone would come up with a way to override it. Driving requires 100% concentration, I see people looking into the glove compartment while driving, drinking coffee, or eating a banana.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 01, 2013 08:23 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the phone he was speaking on is the cab phone and he was speaking to the railway's management.

Our railroad union is in a dispute with the railroad itself that the railroad wants a strict no cellphone policy in the cabs but the trainmen believe they are often the best channel of communication for emergency services.

-by the same token we've had a few busted for just regular cellphone use too...

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 08:33 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a good and bad side to everything Steve. Pity that a few spoil things.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC